I cant get a pinch harmonic on my low E string. I seriously doubt ist my technique, i can squeal and scream like a raped virgin on all the other strings on every fret, my low E just wont make one. It just barely makes a harmonic if i vibrato the string, but its still heavily muted with lots of bass and the high pitched harmonics are very faint. it cant be my amps EQ, as ive tried every knob position and still nothing. any advise? has anyone else had this sorta problem?
i can do them on clean, its gotta be your technique. screaming distortion helps, but you gotta add alot of vibrato to it and it takes a good amount of practice. it might be sh1tty pickups that wont pickup the frequency of the string vibrating
I do it all the time. I use .08's which are insanely light strings. Not sure about thicker guages.
Quote by chris_libby_88
any advise?

Yeah, don't lken your chops to the sounds of a raped virgin, that's ****ing disgusting.
another thing that i never noticed, when i do them on my low e string, i do it at a different spot. every guitar i have has a different "Sweet spot" for where pinch harmonics are super sick. the one on my guitar that im using now for my low e is right about where the neck single coil pickup is. try moving your picking hand up and down the string for the spot.
I find the easiest way to do a harmonic on the low string is to really get your pick/finger underneath the string (inbetween the guitar and string) and push upwards- it sounds awkward, but it's really easy and makes nice squeals
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The easiest place to get a good PH on the low e would be the 2nd and 3rd fret, if u cant get them there, then its ur technique.
Quote by uldhppi
I do it all the time. I use .08's which are insanely light strings. Not sure about thicker guages.

They can be cause KSE and Slipknot use uber-thick strings and can still get them.

And to help, I just recommend practice. When I do them I can only really get 'em to ring with heavy crunch, but I'm no master so I could probably improve. Just practice, practice and practice. Try different ways too, there are about 5 ways to hold and use the pick to get a squeal.

Also try looking up some youtube lessons by Zakk Wylde, any of KSE or Dimebag.
You use a lighter gauge than me so I really can't help. I just know on my 12s it takes a fuller flick to get the pinch off. I do a lot more rotation with my wrist and bend my thumb knuckle away from my hand (as if you were doing the talking hand puppet) otherwise it sounds dead like you said.
Quote by chris_libby_88
I cant get a pinch harmonic on my low E string. I seriously doubt ist my technique, i can squeal and scream like a raped virgin on all the other strings on every fret, my low E just wont make one. It just barely makes a harmonic if i vibrato the string, but its still heavily muted with lots of bass and the high pitched harmonics are very faint. it cant be my amps EQ, as ive tried every knob position and still nothing. any advise? has anyone else had this sorta problem?

if you can do it on every string except by the 6th, and you've tried all the knob position, then it's definitely not your amp or your equipment, it's just your technique

it's different in every string, you just need to find the place for every harmonic in the 6th string
Maybe your pickup needs adjusting slightly, because other than that I can't see what else it'd be considering that your guitar should be fine for any harmonics considering the EMGs.

Perhaps try at different points on the string, different sized picks, a higher gauge. Ernie Ball do the Skinny Top Heavy bottoms which are 0.10-0.52 I think.
Funny words.