I have no experience in amps whatsoever but I hear marshall is the amp to have. I mainly play guns and roses style type songs and want a tone in the style of slash. That thick and crunchy tone.

I decided that the low cost marshalls are garbage and I mine as well just buy something decent. So my question is what are some good marshall amps to look into to get a nice sound. I will not be gigging with the amp so size does not matter. I will only be using for practice because I am so sick of the cheesey tones I get with other amps. My budget would be $500
how about a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201 Tube Amp because the size really doesnt matter to me. I dont play loud really. The 201 shouldnt affect the sound quality because it is smaller right?
there aren't very many non- solid state marshalls for under $500.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
yeah man, with your needs and budget a dsl is the way to go
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
A DSL201 is a 20w version of the 40 watter so...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
check ebay, i've seen a few TSL602's go for about 450ish
Epi Les Paul/Swineshead Venom pickups
THD: UniValve Head
Lopo line 4x12/Celestion V30's @ 16ohms
Do understand that life exists outside of planet Marshall. Buying a Marshall on the premise that it's "the amp to have" is basically the same thing as any high school boy buying a Hollister T-shirt just so he can fit in. Buy what works for you, regardless of what name comes on it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM