Hey everybody, just picked up my new (used) amp. It's a VHT Pitbull Ultralead and it's a killer, I was looking at Mesa Boogies mostly and this thing is in a whole other league, very stoked about it. The cabinet is just a rental for the week but I'll be getting an Avatar with Hellatone 60's/60L's.
Here she is with my newish Edwards Viper (will be fitted with SD Blackouts after Christmas)
Congratulations, man!! I've played a Pittbull before, & it's a serious amp. Sounds to me somewhere between a Dual Recto & a Soldano SLO 100, more toward the SLO.
Serious gain with no OD needed. Have fun!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I paid $1500 CDN shipped, so far I'm very happy with it, I need to get my playing better now though, unlike my old Marshall AVT this thing shows every mistake.
Quote by Matt Gnarly
I paid $1500 CDN shipped, so far I'm very happy with it, I need to get my playing better now though, unlike my old Marshall AVT this thing shows every mistake.

See? I told you it was like a Soldano!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by False_God
Also whats even nicer is seeing someone sport a Edwards! Amazing guitars!

I love my Edwards, I'll definately be getting another, wouldn't mind the RV or a Horizon (been really into Kris Norris from Darkest Hour)
very nice dude.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
sweet, those vht's are really nice. I tried the deliverance the other day, was badass. as riffhog says, quite like a soldano... the deliverance reminded me a bit of the avenger, though vht does have its own thing going on too, and bit drier and more organic.

nice edwards too, only ever tried one (a les paul special copy), was extremely nice!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i hate you ahah, i wanna try one, should be amazing. Have fun, good luck sleeping haaha
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Matt Gnarly
VHT Pitbull Ultralead

With a name like that it's got to be good, right?
Quote by Matt Gnarly
I love my Edwards, I'll definately be getting another, wouldn't mind the RV or a Horizon (been really into Kris Norris from Darkest Hour)

yeah **** the VHT man!

Im all over the edwards!

Nah! Man, that must be one sexy sounding rig you have!
Now all I need is some pedals, all I have is Digitech XP-100 (will be replacing with a Whammy pedal) Original Crybaby wah, Ibanez DE-7 delay and a crappy DOD distortion pedal. Any suggestions? Right now I'm really into Darkest Hour, Mastodon, Social Distortion, RATM, RHCP, Pearl Jam and Shadows Fall.
I tried out a Pitbull with the graphic eq at guitar center a few weeks ago.

It was a sick amp!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Ah the $1500 VHT UL without graphic EQ... Was the guy in Toronto? I was going to buy that amp but decided not to.
Yeah it was the guy from Toronto, one of the tubes broke during shipping but other then that it's great. Was a bit worried about buying before trying but everything worked out great.
I found the Edwards on Craigslist, it was at the other end of the country but I know a deal when I see one.
Awesome head and awesome viper!

I love the VHT heads
I planned to get one but I realised I didn't need that much gain haha.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
It's a lot of amp, luckily there's a half power switch, and it's still ridiculously loud.
So how's the quality of Avatar cabs, I've heard mixed reviews. Any speaker suggestions, I was think the Hellatone 60's which are broken in V30's.