Well I've had my ibanez sa220fm for nearly 2 years, and im getting a lot better on guitar (A LOT) thinking about starting up a band with a few friends so im obviously looking into getting better equipment, so I was hoping i could get some advise on what my next guitar should be.
I dont want to spend TOO much, maybe £500 MAXIMUM, but you know im not looking for the best guitar in the world or anything haha.
I want something that would be good for playing low end stuff (metallica, slayer, etc) as well as high end stuff, that would be good for playing metal and hard rock (i mainly play metallica, dream theater and motley crue), hoping for a nice fast neck, good sustain, one thats also good on the eyes. im really used to my ibanez sa220 so maybe another ibanez guitar would be a good idea, ive heard good things about the RG series??

any advice?
okay i'll check that out in a sec, oh and i have a Marshall mg 250 dfx combo. if that means anything to ya!
If you want to go the extra mile and have the OFR trem, you can shell out $150 more dollars to get the Hellraiser C-1 FR. That's a great guitar, I will never need anything else for metal.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Ugh, get a new amp first. Amp = 70% of your tone compared to 30% of guitar. Something like that.

So I definitely suggest a new amp, the Marshall MGs are the most terrible amp of them all, at least everyone agrees. (I got a MG10, bleh!).

I'm not able to suggest a metal amp though.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
hmm yeah im starting to think maybe i rushed into buying the amp, then again, my guitar sounded awful through my friends line 6 spider 2 (which has received very positive reviews) so i think its just my guitar that sounds bad lol
Last edited by useyourillusíon at Aug 24, 2007,
Spiders and MGs are the two worst amps. You've been led astray . Well, if you could sell of your mg you'd be in business, but you're amp will make any guitar sound like crap.
Guitar: G&L Tribute S-500
Amp: Fender Blues Deluxe
Pedals: Zvex Box of Rock
oh damn hahaha. well thanks for the advice, turns out my friend has that guitar, gonna have to try his out
Quote by useyourillusíon
oh damn hahaha. well thanks for the advice, turns out my friend has that guitar, gonna have to try his out

You need to upgrade your amp. The SA is a good guitar, the MG is a bad amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeah, look at a new amp, what kind of tone are you looking for?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I have a crate gt212 and its pretty good with low end stuff or high end stuff like AC/DC and it has two different distortion channels and a really good clean channel too. It was only like 350 bucks and its loud.
id say get a valve junior and a nice distortion pedal, they get louder than 90% of 50 watt ss amps which is as loud as you would need for and practice and small gigs. this will give you a good metal sound, with some natural tube overdrive from the amp which will sound awesome. then you can get a good blues sound and an ok clean for when your taste develops a bit.

for guitar keep what you have or get a guitar with a nice set of Seymour Duncan pickups or something, it doesn't really matter what guitar you get as long as the pickups are good.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.