Page 1 of 2
What should my band play for the talent show two guitarists rythem and lead bass and drummer and of course vocals any thing is good exept hardcore crap metal is fine but that is about as far as it go's thanks for the suggestions.
Last edited by bowlol265 at Aug 24, 2007,
metallica - orion

you didnt mention a vocalist so this sprung to mind
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
First of all its "bass" not base, and second of all just write something yourself it should be more fun.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
sorry about the spelling of bass just a quick post ok i didn't thank people really cared about spelling but i was wrong
Quote by bowlol265
sorry about the spelling of bass just a quick post ok i didn't thank people really cared about spelling but i was wrong

This r Pit. speling nazis r teh winnarz.
just play a pearl jam single.
Quote by quincy514
Dave Matthews Band. I guess they're talented, but I find that every one of their fans seems to be a big tool with a popped collar and backwards Polo hat.

YES!!!
Man Made God - In Flames
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Anything by FOB or P!ATD and you got yourself a win. Can't go wrong with that.

Of course, if you want to keep your dignity, play RHCP. Wait, you guys got a singer?
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
I say Hangar 18. Sounds very good with lots of solos here and there. I miss Megadeth with Marty.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Rhythm and Lead?

The Audience is listening by Steve Vai.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by FuriousRyder
Man Made God - In Flames

If you can get a 3rd guitarist to do the harmonies or just not bother with rhythm this would be awesome.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
How about Smells Like Teen Spirit. But only play it loud. Put the drums through a P.A. and get a couple of Marshall 450w stacks each. Also make the bass loud. That should do the trick as the crowd will be deafend and can't hear the other acts, but it means you have to go on first and wear earmuffs.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
how about Master of Puppers slightly abridged and with an improvised solo? or maybe Wolf is Loose by Mastodon if u have a good drummer. Maybe a Coheed and Cambria song if ur feeling ambitious. Do u even have a singer??
Quote by lounge act
Or if he can shred like crazy Metal Meltdown would also be good
I recommend a popular song like Twist and Shout or an easy and popular Nirvana song like SLTS or Heart Shaped Box (most of them would know it from Guitar Hero )

Yea, Painkiller probbaly won't get many votes.
But it's awesome.
If you wanna have fun and impress the smart kids, play good stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Scorpions...

If you wanna win, play Green Day.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Lost In The Supermarket- The Clash
Circles- The Who
Canary In A Coalmine- The Police
Alternative Girlfrien-Barenaked Ladies
And Your Bird Can Sing- The Beatles
Last edited by Dr.Jimmy at Aug 24, 2007,
no nirvana something more difficult then that but still a crowd pleaser but no poser songs something that they'll love as soon as they here it but dont know the words to it.
Trippin on a hole in a paper heart- STP, one of my fav solos.
It's a Long Way to the Top - AC/DC
Get a pedal to immitate the bagpipes and do a little electric guitar duet.
Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

You'd be a moron to play anything else
Quote by MightyAl
More Than A Feeling

that's teh winner or do Holy Diver by Dio
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by MightyAl
Don't Look Back

Fixed

You could also play "Dust In The Wind"
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by bowlol265
"bump"

Take the flameshield. You will need it

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

No way, you gotta do something by the Scorpions like that other guy said. Do No One Like You or Rock You Like A Hurricane and you're guaranteed a win. Plus, both of those songs utilize the lead and rhythm alot. The only hard part is making sure that the vocalist can actually hit all of Klaus's notes.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Sorry but the patient sucks..........i said sorry no freebird you proly just figured out what that song was a couple weeks ago it doesn't suck just everyone plays it
If you play Pink Floyd you would win if you can produce a decent cover. But 100% of quality bands can not. Just go with some Nirvana
is anyone else noticing that the TS is just putting down everyone's suggestions...i think Killswitch Engage- "The Arms of Sorrow" would be a good choice if you're looking for something current...but if you're looking for a classic try some Journey
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Page 1 of 2