Just yesterday I was playing with gibson epiphone and i have a 120 crate amp and all I did was walk away as i was playing and something happened to it. Now whenever it is on it makes a really loud humming noise and you can hear nothing I play. And when I touch the strings on my guitar as it is plugged in it gets even more unbearable. I thought maybe it was the pedals, so played without them did the same, so I know its not the pedals or the cords or the guitar cus my acoustic wouldnt play through it either. This hasn't happened before and I have no idea what it could be.
Sounds like an earthing issue to me with the guitar or the amp. I reckon it is the guitar though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
sometimes if u pull at the cable (walking around with it plugged in) u can loosen the input on the guitar. ^causing an earthing problem like said.

see if the input is loose. dont hand tighten it. but maybe remove the screws take it off and see if both wires are connected.

if they are still secure then next u would want to check the guitar cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
But I also played my acoustic into the amp and that didnt play either. Its the electric though that makes it hum loud and freaks out when i touch the strings on the fret board.
then i would swap the guitar cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I changed the cords and it still doesnt work, it hums when i have my electric and it wont even play when i plug my acoustic up to it. Although when my acoustic is plugged in it doesnt make it hum it jus doesnt play at all.
Jennys advise still applies. Only this time check the input jack on the amp.
but i have been having input problems on this guitar before with sound going off then back on again. I checked inside and there is only one wire connected
Quote by coollikedat
but i have been having input problems on this guitar before with sound going off then back on again. I checked inside and there is only one wire connected

Then you have found your problem. See Jenny's picture and reconnect the wire.
and then take the battery out of the acoustic electric, and make sure that it's not dead.

in case u didnt know, leaving an acoustic electric guitar plugged in, when not in use, will drain a fresh battery.

if that's the case, then u had two different problems going on at the same time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62