so i got this black and decker dremel type thing. got bored, had a ruined neck, check it out! I did it just in A-minor range because thats where i usually play... the neck is slightly twisted, not sure if i can fix it, but i ill probably just build a new one.

Before!

After!

I poly'd it, so it feels just like the rest, i knicked the frets though, but im sanding/recrowning them all asap, so im not worried.
he had nothing to ruin. it was a neck that he didn't need.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
why is everyone saying "ruined"?

i say, way to go LP addict, try something out yourself!

the rest of you can go away! why is it that, because you don't like scalloped frets, you have to bag on this guys project? let him do what he wants! geez
i wasn't bagging on him. i just don't understand it.

but if the neck couldn't be fixed then it's no big deal.
Quote by lumberjack
why is everyone saying "ruined"?

i say, way to go LP addict, try something out yourself!

the rest of you can go away! why is it that, because you don't like scalloped frets, you have to bag on this guys project? let him do what he wants! geez

+1, i basically want to be able to do the same thing and just completely redo a guitar rly wierd and nto care if it ends up not working, but i want to try....i jsut dont have the supplies to do it with
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
o_O that looks cool, but broken hehe
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Pretty deep scallop man. The higher the frets the shallower the scallop needs to be. Certainly shouldn't be deep enough to the side marker showing through anyway.

You should do the rest of the neck and try do a "blackmore" style scallop how only half the fret is scalloped so it allows you to still fret chords a bit easier.