I was talking to my friend the other day, who happens to love vocal solos, while I'm all about the instrumentals.

The vocal solo, a test of pure vocal talent, no background music or anything for support.
The drum solo, crazy gut-busting hammering awesomeness, definately not employed enough.
The guitar solo, obviously the most recognizable solo, and the most used.

So which one is your favorite?
drum solo's are pretty sweet

vocal solo's are just acapella singing

guitar solo overated

bass solo freaking awesome if ou ever come across one
vocal solos are bull****, alot of drum solos suck, it's obviously way easier to incorporate a guitar solo into a band type setting since it usually the largest range of the three.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
A guitar solo can make a song be remembered. Vocal solo not so much. Drum solos are good but a bit repetitive if you ask me.
drum solos and bass solos are awesome
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
drum solos suck, they all sound the same.

rock solos sound SIMILAR, not all the same. Get into some jazz or funk or swing, and they get really good. Look at some of the older drummers of jazz and some latin music and they'll blow your mind. Also, for modern stuff, look at the drummer of the John Butler Trio. He is an excellent drummer. I'm blanking on his name...
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Drum solos are useful when you need to change a string :P

But really, if it adds something to the song then it's all good. Guitar and bass solos are my favourites, and they fit into the style of music I play. I can't see a death metal vocal solo happening any time soon. Vocal solos for me range from amazing to really goofy. Drum solos are good if kept at a minimal length.
bass solos are amazing.
of course they are rare.
and guitar solos are overused.
what can i say?
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Vocal solos can be awesome if used properly.

Bass solos are great as well.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
if you can make an original sounding drum solo then there great and also bass solos aere very nice
Quote by stevve
if you can make an original sounding drum solo then there great and also bass solos aere very nice

I cant agree with you more. They're amazing !!!!
    AROGAN WHEN YOU LOSE, HUMBLE WHEN YOU WIN.
    the only really good vocal solo I know of is The Great Gig in the Sky.
    _b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
    IMO a (good) vocal solo needs more skill than any other just for the fact that YOU make the notes. With intruments a C note will always sound C no matter what day it is while in vocals u cant **** up that note no matter how u woke up that day.
    Quote by HeavenlyVirus
    drum solos suck, they all sound the same.
    MOST. not all. Danny Carey & Neil Peart FTW
    Quote by Pabli7o
    IMO a (good) vocal solo needs more skill than any other just for the fact that YOU make the notes. With intruments a C note will always sound C no matter what day it is while in vocals u cant **** up that note no matter how u woke up that day.

well if you have a good voice you have a good voice, people are born with good or bad voices, people aren't born with the ability to shred. Except i think slash was, but thats the only time.
    Ummmm.... Guitar solo

Anyway just to say, i cant stand vocal solos and this is coming from an actual vocalist
    Quote by powerhead
    Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
    Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
    I find drum solos (or the big majority of them) unbearable. If you absolutely have to include some kind of solo in a song, guitar solos is where it's at.
    bass solo
    Quote by cakeandpiemofo
    Quote by tuwyci
    why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
    Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
    Psh.... Bassists.... Gotta love em

But no to Bass solos, unless their like Rush's
    Quote by powerhead
    Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
    Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
    like theres even an option to choose something other that guitar solo's at the king.

GUITAR FTW !!!
    Quote by akack
    We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
    I don't really like guitar solos that much, so any thing but them

I play guitar btw
    *-)
    Quote by Bob_Sacamano
    i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
    i'd go with guitar solos... but also keyboard solos, they're underrated.
    Quote by ToolBass_dude
    Look on youtube.com- search "rediculously hard classical **** that no one in their right mind would try" and you'll find some 5 year old asian kids playing it
    Guitar solos are overused, Vocal solos can be painful if done wrong, drums solos are...well, boring and bass solos are hard to get right. They all have good points and bad points.
    Quote by !xobile
    i'd go with guitar solos... but also keyboard solos, they're underrated.

unless its Kansas, Dragonforce or Mute Math, keyboard solos suck.