I am looking for a band that has a god bass player and has reasonable parts to play

nothing repetitive, or boring

and i would like it if it were death metal

thanks
hammer smashsed face ftw
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
necrophagist is out of my league and i should add that i dont have a 5 string =]

i found out that opeth is pretty fun
I didn't think death metal was meant to be fun...

I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
not death, but definately heavy .. Electric Wizard. check their third album, Dopethrone. Funeralopolis should fill your needs. its a different line-up nowadays but still heavy and sluggish.

also look into Sleep (Jerusalem/Dopesmoker) and Om. Pelican has also had their bass heavy moments. check the song Mammoth. its exactly what it says. pure massive drone heavy riffs.
Last edited by theWallofYAWN at Aug 25, 2007,
Quote by Shredder Guitar
hammer smashsed face ftw

+1. And anything by Death, or anything that has Steve DiGorgio playing on it.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by jimmy, the one
I didn't think death metal was meant to be fun...

I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

I really hope that was sarcasm

to TS with four strings you could try some morbid angel
Try some cannibal corpse. I think hammer smashed face was already suggested, which is a good one, but most of his stuff is pretty cool. One of the newer songs, something about revenge, has a tap bassline which is kind of cool. Anyone know the name of the song Im talking about? Its off Kill.
Quote by etubrutus123
Try some cannibal corpse. I think hammer smashed face was already suggested, which is a good one, but most of his stuff is pretty cool. One of the newer songs, something about revenge, has a tap bassline which is kind of cool. Anyone know the name of the song Im talking about? Its off Kill.

the discipline of revenge
The Philosopher - Death. Amazing basslines in there.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by BadBishop
The Philosopher - Death. Amazing basslines in there.

I concur. Pretty much any Death songs are great to play.
Quote by onebetter
Try Atheist and Cynic, both bands have very good bass work, but might be a little complex depending on your skill level.

i commend you sir...very good post

you deserve a cookie

Atheist and Cynic rule the death metal bass lines. period.
might wanna try some Lamb of God. they are not death metal, and i dont care for them, but they do have some cool basslines