does anyone have or know anyplace where i can get instrumentals so i can jam and stuff i like doing that its fun i do it with regular songs but i dont want lyrics in it. id mostly prefer blues or rock
I'm looking for the same thing myself... Some backing tracks without solos, vocals and that.

Joe Satriani has some cool stuff you can play to, and there's Rory Gallagher and Eric Johnson. Lot of cool blues there!
Guitar magazines like Total Guitar or Guitar Techniques often sometimes feature free cds with backing tracks in varying genres.
Um, why not do your own?! It's actually not that hard and you can get exactly
what you want. Just some ways of doing that: an X-track recorder, Korg Pandora,
Guitar Port/Riffworks, Band in the box, a Looper,.... Just record the chord
progression you want to jam to. Something with phrase looping is easy -- you just
record the chords 1x and then jam away!
i use audacity sometimes, its free, and you just record your chord progression then you repeat it as many times as you like then you play it back and jam on it
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by tbsff_7
i use audacity sometimes, its free, and you just record your chord progression then you repeat it as many times as you like then you play it back and jam on it

Audacity is brilliant for casual recording, indeed.
Quote by Shard Heilia
Audacity is brilliant for casual recording, indeed.

Yeah, I use that as well. Just plug in my mic and record. Quite easy. I usually record ideas and stuff with Audacity, but I have actually never thought of making backing tracks

EDIT: I found a cool site with free backing tracks, check it out: Backing tracks
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Aug 26, 2007,
I have hundreds that I've been downloading over the last while. If anyone cares to tell me how to send it easily and efficiently I can send them to you. Provided I'm not breaking any rules.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
I typically just use Guitar Pro for my backing tracks either that or use a Google search.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by Caressing Death
I have hundreds that I've been downloading over the last while. If anyone cares to tell me how to send it easily and efficiently I can send them to you. Provided I'm not breaking any rules.

www.mediafire.com

you dont have to register to upload, just post the links here!, id love a few more tracks
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
It's uploading now. There's only 10 tracks and I didn't know what people were looking for so I just gave a descent mix. If there's anyone in particular you want let me know and I might have it. Or if there is a genre you want I'll put up some of my favorites in that genre.

EDIT Not gunna be ready for an hour or so and I might be goin' out soon but expect them to be posted up some time tonight (Irish Time). Sorry about the delay!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Last edited by Caressing Death at Aug 26, 2007,
Quote by Caressing Death
It's uploading now. There's only 10 tracks and I didn't know what people were looking for so I just gave a descent mix. If there's anyone in particular you want let me know and I might have it. Or if there is a genre you want I'll put up some of my favorites in that genre.

EDIT Not gunna be ready for an hour or so and I might be goin' out soon but expect them to be posted up some time tonight (Irish Time). Sorry about the delay!

MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Lately I've been finding Signify by Porcupine Tree fun to jam with. There's about 4 distinct repeating lines you could use, and a lot of scales can work depending on what you're going for.

Of course, that would work in a metal or rock context. There's not much in the way of chording in that song. (actually, the only time more than one note is played at once is the E octave at the end.)
Quote by Mazzakazza
Play Meshuggah. It is the solution.
i have a around 15 or 20 unreleased instrumentaltracks by Third Eye Blind. they are all really good.