I had my guitar autographed by John Petrucci (look at my gear if you wanna see photo of it), but what do i need to put on it to make sure it doesnt smudge any more accidentaly (Petrucci smudged it after he signed it, i dont want it to get worse), whats the name of the stuff i put on the guitar to make sure it doesnt smudge away?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
hairspray? really? so like i can put my arm there if i need to and nothing will happen? because i need something permanent that i dont have to spray a billion times a day
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
well, im not 100%, but i used to do chalk art, and wed spray it with hair spray very lightly, a few coats, and it wouldnt come off. is it with permenant marker? or a water?
fight the power that be
what most guitars use for finishing is either a lacquer or a french polish. depending on what colour your guitar is (too lazy to look at pics), you could use either one, as they are both relatively clear. you should probably take it into a shop tho, then experienced people can deal with it.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
yeah you can always spray it with clear coat, but youd have to do the whole guitar so there wouldnt be awkward spots. Spray it with a poly and it should be nice. im not gauranteeing you wont come back in 10 minutes and it would have killed the marker, so dont come on a suicide rampage for me and my family and my cat if it does.
fight the power that be
hmm... i think ill take it into a guitar store
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER

thats the closest I got to him.... damnit. Petrucci owns us all.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
John signed your guitar and you still wanna play it?Go frame your guitar man,the god just signed it.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic