I have got these pedals, which is the better pedal to boost for rhythm sounds and solo sounds with GT2 ? And which amp simulator in GT2 I should use ? How much gain ?
Ibanez RG270DX
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-1
Boss OD-3
Tech21 Sansamp GT2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby
Digitech GNX1
Roland GA-20
Definetly DS-1, but how much would you sell your SansAmp for?
Personally, i prefer a tubescreamer AFTER the GT2 for boosting, but only when it comes to solos when you want your tone to "jump" out of the mix and be heard. The mid range bump of the tubescreamer helps that way.

For hi-gain stuff my GT2 setting is center,hi-gain,british, gain full, EQ both on 2 oclock. For leads, my tubescreamer would be set to drive=0 tone=almost full level=to desired solo volume.

Personally, i wouldnt use a DS-1 for boosting or any sort, it sounds too "rough" imo. But thats just me.

But do get ready for a lot of feedback when you introduce a second gain pedal in the loop.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
oh you set the tubescreamer after GT2 really ? I knew a booster was often set before GT2 but i'll try setting it after GT2.
Ibanez RG270DX
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-1
Boss OD-3
Tech21 Sansamp GT2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby
Digitech GNX1
Roland GA-20
putting it before the GT2 just adds a whole lotta noise and not much difference to the tone. After the GT2 is where the mid bump of the TS shine thru.
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
putting it before the GT2 just adds a whole lotta noise and not much difference to the tone. After the GT2 is where the mid bump of the TS shine thru.

Ok, I did that with OD-3 after GT2, very good sound for solo, it's so smooth, maybe it's better if I use a TS. But, with DS-1 it sounds bad for both rhythm and solo. Do you use to boost by a DS-1 Andrea ? I want a stronger sound.
Ibanez RG270DX
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-1
Boss OD-3
Tech21 Sansamp GT2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby
Digitech GNX1
Roland GA-20
Quote by Zex.
I want your Tech 21, now, ...

I spent more than 2 years in looking for it because it's a rare stompbox in my country. So I won't sell it, I love it
Ibanez RG270DX
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-1
Boss OD-3
Tech21 Sansamp GT2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby
Digitech GNX1
Roland GA-20
i've never been a fan of boss's DS, it sounds too rough and gritty. Maybe if you get it modded you'll get better results, i dunno, but still, im happy with my tubescreamer
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
i've never been a fan of boss's DS, it sounds too rough and gritty. Maybe if you get it modded you'll get better results, i dunno, but still, im happy with my tubescreamer

thanks Andrea! I must look for a TS soon.
Ibanez RG270DX
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-1
Boss OD-3
Tech21 Sansamp GT2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby
Digitech GNX1
Roland GA-20
Isnt Boss OD3 and TS more or less similar?