ok currently our high school jazz band is using the pile of junk known as peavey milestone 2, which if it wasn't crap when they got it, it is now. so anyways, i was looking at basses and it looks like the squire vintage modified jazz bass has gotten tons of great reviews especially for such a great price. Would it do for a high school jazz band? for normal playing? do yall know if its really that good b/c i don't want to waste my money, i would go play it myself and decide but we don't really have any shops with a huge selection of instruments sooo no way i can play it b4 buying it so if i do get it i would just have to blindly order it...btw its actually for my g/f who is the bassist in the jazz band if its worth it. advice please! i have until christmas to decide but anyways any advice would be nice. haha that rhymed.
Quote by Dan Steinman
You know you are a guitar player when the kids in the elementary school band can read sheet music better than you
i think it's a bit more suited to funk, but these generally get way better reviews than the other Squiers
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
to be perfectly honest even tho they are good basses, i doubt it would be a massive step up from the peavey.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
hmmm well ill still be wondering about it, either way my g/f needs her own bass instead of the schools, any other suggestions?
Quote by Dan Steinman
You know you are a guitar player when the kids in the elementary school band can read sheet music better than you
save up for a mexican jazz-bass.my friend has one and he plays jazz on it perfect.stuff like chick-korea(SP?), and other famous jazz bands.its very versatile.
dont know about the squire tough.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick