My mate joe is really into the RHCP and he needs an amp that can handle the distortion of it, but he wants one that can mainly pull off the cleaner tones. He was thinking of gettting a rivera pubster 25 watt tube combo, and he was wondering if you guys could suggest him any other amps that fit the description. He also wants it to be able to handle funk really well also.

Any help is appreciated guys

Just get the pubster, it's great, and should be able to get the cleans pretty well, since Paul Rivera worked on the original fender amps.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
the rivera site dosent have a sample of that amp on the clean channle.....seems weird =S
.....what are they hiding.....?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by False_God
They are hiding the greatness!

EVIL!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

pubster would be cool i think. how much does that go for, around £600/£700?

matamp might be worth a look too.

how much wattage does he need?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
pubster would be cool i think. how much does that go for, around £600/£700?

matamp might be worth a look too.

how much wattage does he need?

well the guy said the pubster is 25 watt so i guess something like that?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

^ ah, ok, good point.

laney lionheart might be worth a look too, though it might be too warm-sounding.

traynor maybe too, but i suspect the rivera might be better.

i doubt you'd go far wrong with the rivera, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?