Page 1 of 2
Nikon87
1,638 IQ
Alright, what, in your opinion is the best guitar for metal? If you were to buy one guitar what would you choose?

Also on a side note, Lamb Of God is my favorite band, what be the best guitar for me?
Cobalt Blue
921 IQ
A telecaster for sure...

but seriously... i don't know much about Lam of God. but Ibanez RG's i'm told are good metal guitars.
Metal_Rich
1,103 IQ
I'd probably get the most top range Dean or one of John Petrucci's sig Ibanez.

EDIT: ^That's a damn nice guitar.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
monkey_dancer
Tastes like chicken.
734 IQ
Martin. Martin guitars are |-|X0rZ 2 73|-| M/\><0rZ!!!!!!
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
dsaanm
Metalhead from Malta
52 IQ
If you like Lamb of god get the Mark Morton signiture model (Jackson) I have the Jackson dkmg Dinky which is also good for metal.
Mwoit
Lifted By Skin
2,164 IQ
Quote by Nikon87
Alright, what, in your opinion is the best guitar for metal? If you were to buy one guitar what would you choose?

Also on a side note, Lamb Of God is my favorite band, what be the best guitar for me?

What is your budget? It's hard to find you a guitar without a price range otherwise everyone would post uber expensive guitars...
Last edited by Mwoit at Aug 25, 2007,
Green_Jelly
Live from the tone lounge
480 IQ
And LTD 400 and up series.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Canne
was willst du tun?
148 IQ
Quote by Metal_Rich
I'd probably get the most top range Dean or one of John Petrucci's sig Ibanez.

EDIT: ^That's a damn nice guitar.

good luck finding one of the JPM Ibanez, amazing guitar though. I'd also recommend an esp for pure metal. I used to like Jacksons, but they seem to be going downhill imo. Besides esp, schecter are also good for metal, ibanez is very versatile so you can't really go wrong with those, even though they aren't pure metal.

If u buy an ESP, i'd also recommend one of the Eclipse (or EC - LTD)
If u go for schecter, get the C-1 hellraiser
Ibanez i really like the s series (i own one), but rgs are also good guitars.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
1: what's your amp?

2: if you have the right amp, as long as the guitar is made of decent, solid wood and has a good bridge pickup, you're good to go.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

thischarmingsam
Granned
153 IQ
Mark Mortons signature Jackson if you like Lamb of God. My favourite metal guitar is Matt Heafy's white razorback *drool*
kyrreca
Bland
652 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
2: if you have the right amp, as long as the guitar is made of decent, solid wood and has a good bridge pickup, you're good to go.

This is probably the correct answer. Also, the guitar should be comfortable to play, but that is of course a matter of personal preference. There is no "ultimate metal guitar", even though a lot of people might tell you so.
MAKETHEMSUFFER!
Grrrr...
193 IQ
Well my favorite metal guitars would be the esp ltd ec 1000, schecter hellraiser, and ibanez rgs. Some of the dean dime guitars like the dime o flame or the razorback are pretty good too and so is the jackson rr5.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by kyrreca
This is probably the correct answer. Also, the guitar should be comfortable to play, but that is of course a matter of personal preference. There is no "ultimate metal guitar", even though a lot of people might tell you so.

Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

blacklabelsdmf
UG Senior Member
872 IQ
Jackson, ESP, Dean, and even Gibson.

now depending what you play, a telecaster or stratocaster could be good. you of course want a totally new pickup configuration (ex: take out the SSS pickgaurd on a strat and replace it with a hh pickgaurd loaded with emgs or seymour duncans) but i know metal guitarists who use fenders do it because of the playability and alder body.

personally, id go with ESP or Dean though. i have a ML and im looking at getting either a viper or eclipse. i also own a Epiphone Les Paul which is ok.
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
nido
Confucius say blame gear
369 IQ
I guess theres a lot of good brands for metal guitars,, make sure it has emg's or good aggressive passive pickups dimarzio or SD etc...make sure ya gots a floyd rose whammy or a reasonable quality knock off.make sure the neck fits yourt style.make sure you like the weight of the guitar (imagine standing with it for an hour or two).gibsons tend to get heavy
Eternal_One
Transcending Immortality
1,037 IQ
If there was a "THEE Best Metal Guitar" then every single renown Metal guitarist in the world will be playing with it.

All comes down to personal taste and what sound you wanna get out of it while still feeling comfortable to play.

Jackson, Dean, Ibanez and ESP seem to hold most of the market in Metal from what I see, but don't close your eyes to brands like Washburn etc.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
3lusiv3
spins me right round...
732 IQ
Not that there is a best, but I would go for a Moser Custom Shop model (they have production models too)
JH_reincarnated
139 IQ
esp, the jackson rr models (omg), ibanez is pretty sweet, gibson even (explorer or flying v with emgs(emgs in pretty much anything is sweet)...) of coursethe little middle school wouldnt know anything about that....lol
.smudged.
Banned
866 IQ
Quote by Cobalt Blue
A telecaster for sure...

nah a 12 string rickenbacker will do better...
acidtone
189 IQ
id get the DV8 in a heartbeat...
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
Yshynsin
142 IQ
Dean Vendetta 4.0,

just got one of these on the weekend, its a complete beast, it plays really well. Cost me £350 ($700~)
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
Hardrockbryan
Guitar god of 1800 B.C.
258 IQ
What im thinking of getting is the Schecter Synyster Custom, if you like Avenged Sevenfolds tone, you should get it
Rufiothebandito
540 IQ
Quote by blacklabelsdmf
depending what you play, a telecaster or stratocaster could be good. you of course want a totally new pickup configuration (ex: take out the SSS pickgaurd on a strat and replace it with a hh pickgaurd loaded with emgs or seymour duncans) but i know metal guitarists who use fenders do it because of the playability and alder body.

See this is a perfect example of why Fenders shouldn't ever be used for metal.
A guitar that is great for playing metal is one that comes good for playing metal stock not one you have to mod the crap out of to get what you want.

I'd say go for an ESP or Gibson without a doubt.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
decadence5423
546 IQ
Most people will say what they believe is the best guitar, and everyone is different. The truth of it is, go for what you like. Most guitars can play metal, it just depends on what pickups are in the guitar. You can have a cream strat with hot rails in it (They don't come like that, don't go looking :P). Doesn't get much more metal sounding than that. But seriously just go to a guitar shop and pick up guitars, plug 'em in and see if you like them. Its all about personal preference. Personally, I have three guitars. And all of them Jacksons. I personally believe they have the best design, and you get your moneys worth with a mid-priced guitar if you know what you're looking for.
SuperSnake2012
767 IQ
Quote by Rufiothebandito
See this is a perfect example of why Fenders shouldn't ever be used for metal.
A guitar that is great for playing metal is one that comes good for playing metal stock not one you have to mod the crap out of to get what you want.

I'd say go for an ESP or Gibson without a doubt.

Tell that to the guys in Iron Maiden.
acidtone
189 IQ
ESP Dave Mustaine DV8...

The Best Goddamn' Thing
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
sepultura alma
1,800 IQ
Jackson or esp
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
avenged_7_fold
Lolcano
1,362 IQ
**** ibanez, ESP all the way.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Jonny V
25 IQ
Get a bc rich, although they are expensive, a dean dimebag razorback, or a jackson. U cant go wrong with them