Hello Everyone,

I'm just joined the board and hopefully you experts can answer some of my questions.

1- Do all electric acoustic guitar has build in preamps?

2- I'm looking to buy a acoustic electric guitar,what brand are you guys recommending? Do I just need a $200 one or something alittle more expensive?

3- Is it a good idea to get an used one or brand new electric acoustic guitar?

4- Is there a place I can download guitar chord or songs on the web? so I can start practice.

I had a Ibanez acoustic guitar before n alittle experience with the guitar, so I'm not completely new to them. I appreciate any input.
1- Do all electric acoustic guitar has build in preamps?
They should do.

2- I'm looking to buy a acoustic electric guitar,what brand are you guys recommending? Do I just need a $200 one or something alittle more expensive?
Buy one that you enjoy playing and that sounds good to you.

3- Is it a good idea to get an used one or brand new electric acoustic guitar?
It's more risky to buy used unless you get to try out the guitar. I would go to a guitar shop and try new ones out.

4- Is there a place I can download guitar chord or songs on the web? so I can start practice.
On UG. They're called tabs (or tablature). just search the song or band you want at the home page (be sure to check that the drop-down box says ''Band Name'' or ''Song Name'').
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 25, 2007,
Thanks for the reply. I have couple more questions.

What's the difference between a $200 guitar vs a $2000 guitar? Is it because the expensive one sounds better n easier to play? or is it because it is made by someone famous in the industry?

What's the purpose of having a thin body guitar? Is it a purely comfort issue? or is something to do with the sound that the guitar generates?

I saw one guy was playing guitar in the subway. He is really good and I love the song he was playing. Is there a place that would allows people listen to the sound before downloading them?

I don't know the band name or song name, that's why UG Tab page couldn't help me much.
Last edited by Discusman at Aug 25, 2007,