Page 1 of 3
I just came back from a party. There was a guitar battle and my friends pushed me in. So yea basically I got served. I play Chili Peppers - If you have to ask riff and solo, and some blues licks. The dude with dreads nailed me with his acoustic crazy fingering and chord progression and this other dude nailed me with his wah solo. I need hug, I feel like giving up guitar.

But then again the dude that pawned me with his wah solo said that I should practice more and just keep playing because by next year, he wants to see improvement.

To make this thread not so pointless, so what kind of songs do u think should be play during a guitar battle? Just guitar with distortion or clean channel.
R.A.G.E.
Screw guitar battles. They make you look like a show-offy prick. Rap battles is where it's at.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Freebird! After 7 minutes of that everyone will be bored of the fretwankery and just go "Yeah yeah ok ok you win, well done!" without them playing anything.
I got asked to play a guitar battle at a party once, but I'm **** at guitar. I'm a good singer though, so I just sang a version of When The Ship Comes In by Bob Dylan with an acoustic. I didn't win the guitar battle, but people enjoyed it so i didn't look like a dick
Quote by Hobolad
Screw guitar battles. They make you look like a show-offy prick. Rap battles is where it's at.

come on man. contribute a bit. What if someone drags you in a guitar battle? would you rap rather than plucking your guitar?
R.A.G.E.
Bad Horsie-Steve Vai

Specially The Tapping Part
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
I'd well turn it down. Who cares? Play to enjoy, y'know.

And yeah, rap battles are fun, tongue in cheek, no humiliation on either side- it's a laugh.

EDIT: If you really want to guitar battle though, I'd suggest acoustic fingerstyle- non-guitarists are well impressed by it. "The Boxer"'s cool for something people'll know.
Quote by aaron13
Last edited by Hobolad at Aug 25, 2007,
I'd probably find my way to the nearest acoustic piano and play a Bouree and then a couple tunes by Christopher Norton.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I suggest you learn Slow blues by Hendrix, or Planet Caravan by Sabbath for solos, for songs, umm.. LA Woman by The Doors, or something everyone would know like Johnny B Goode ?

I feel your pain, personally I can't play infront of people. I get nervous and start playing sloppy..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Freebird! After 7 minutes of that everyone will be bored of the fretwankery and just go "Yeah yeah ok ok you win, well done!" without them playing anything.

+1...both guitars, simultaneously
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Surfing with the alien-Joe Satriani.

Or just play with your balls for epic win.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by Hobolad
I'd well turn it down. Who cares? Play to enjoy, y'know.

And yeah, rap battles are fun, tongue in cheek, no humiliation on either side- it's a laugh.

Dude, half of rap battling is humiliating put-downs
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Dude, half of rap battling is humiliating put-downs

Yeah, but in a fun way. I don't know anyone who raps seriously, so no one cares if they win or lose. It's good clean fun
Quote by aaron13
Comfortably Numb (second solo) usually does it for me.

Theres tons of different songs to do, but its best just to improv a bit. Hope this helps!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Crusade by trivium.

It is cooler if you can find another person to play the other guitar.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

"Get The Hell Outta Here" - Steve Vai

FTW.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Quote by Hobolad
Yeah, but in a fun way. I don't know anyone who raps seriously, so no one cares if they win or lose. It's good clean fun

Haha, true. Rap battles are supposed to be good clean fun, no hard feelings etc.

Then again you don't make remarks about the other guy's mother in guitar battles
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Jordan
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Get some death metal in there! Always looks impressive. Get a good DM riff and you can beat most solos people will do.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by anuar_grg
I just came back from a party. There was a guitar battle and my friends pushed me in. So yea basically I got served. I play Chili Peppers - If you have to ask riff and solo, and some blues licks. The dude with dreads nailed me with his acoustic crazy fingering and chord progression and this other dude nailed me with his wah solo. I need hug, I feel like giving up guitar.

But then again the dude that pawned me with his wah solo said that I should practice more and just keep playing because by next year, he wants to see improvement.

To make this thread not so pointless, so what kind of songs do u think should be play during a guitar battle? Just guitar with distortion or clean channel.

What kind of songs should you play during a battle? That's where you've already lost.

Don't play anyone's songs. Improvise. That's it. If you can't improvise, learn how to.
i like the old stuff.

broken heart by white lion

or uh.

concerto by cacophony
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Quote by Highbinder
I suggest you learn Slow blues by Hendrix, or Planet Caravan by Sabbath for solos, for songs, umm.. LA Woman by The Doors, or something everyone would know like Johnny B Goode ?

I feel your pain, personally I can't play infront of people. I get nervous and start playing sloppy..

Owh my god...cheers man...cheers. It's true when I'm nervous, I start to play sloppy. I can play really well in my room, alone.
R.A.G.E.
Fugue (A Revelation) by Trivium isn't to hard, and it's got an awesome beginning and is a pretty upbeat song all around.

Kalmah - Hades It's such great song and not extremely technical. It's sounds really fun and even non metal people could probably get into it.
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
Bark at The Moon solo would be pretty sweet. let's see...others:

"Eradication" (solo) by All Shall Perish
"Black Hearts Now Reign" by Unearth
"Master of Puppets" solo (metallica) would do you right
or basically just learn sweep-picking progressions and throw some wah licks at the end

= you win next year
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Baroque and Roll-Yngwie, if you they give you no chance but unless you have to don't do guitar battles. There always will be someone out there that will pwn you.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Music isn't a sport, but if you have to have a guitar duel i reckon all players should improvise their ****
Last edited by Tensionhead at Aug 25, 2007,
i just shred dude
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Quote by skagitup
I got asked to play a guitar battle at a party once, but I'm **** at guitar. I'm a good singer though, so I just sang a version of When The Ship Comes In by Bob Dylan with an acoustic. I didn't win the guitar battle, but people enjoyed it so i didn't look like a dick

ah, nice man, nice.
Page 1 of 3