hi, im gettin an amp to replace/upgrade from my fender 15w and at this point im lookin at the Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack or the Line 6 Spider III 120 Modeling Combo Amplifier

so any advice would be welcomed thx
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
Most people would say that the spiders are pos and they really aren't very good. Do you want a louder amp, better tone/what tone do you want? Maybe a little tube combo would fit you for practice but i don't kno your needs.
if you get a spider it'll bite you and you'll die. but seriously spiders suck its cool at first i'll admit but ti robs the sound of a guitar. my squier sounds better than my friends gibson les paul on a line6

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I've played through crates and Line 6's and I detest both of them, but if you're going to go with one, I'd go with a Line 6, but know that you'll want to upgrade soon. If you get one of the higher end crates though, it's probably worth the money.
--Gear List--
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Duncan Hot Rails
Duncan JB Jr.
Peavey Bandit
Sigma DR28
i play metallica,tool,rammstein and ozzy type metal/ nirvana and alice in chains/ and im workin on gettin a band together with some buds. im kinda lookin for somethin that can atleast be heard well over a drum set that has pretty descent tone
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
If you're going to say Spiders are bad, please say why. It's just pointless flaming if you don't. A Peavey Valveking will probably serve you better than the Line 6 or Crate. It's tube, it costs about as much and I've heard it can get very loud.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I agree - I made the Spider mistake, despite what everyone warned me about in these threads... and now I play through a tube amp anyway!

Actually, you're in a good place since you already have a distortion pedal, chorus pedal, and wah pedal in your sig, so you can already manipulate and craft your tone quite a bit!

I would really recommend a second-hand Fender Blues Jr. or a small Crate tube amp or heck even that little Epiphone Valve Jr. that everyone seems to have nowadays.

For what it's worth, if you REALLY want a solid-state modeling amp, I far and away recommend the Roland Cube series over the Line 6 Spider series. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my POD XT from Line 6 (I actually use that instead of any pedals, through the FX Loop of my tube head), and I can't WAIT to play with the new Bogner/Line6 amps coming out soon (although I assume they'll be ridiculously expensive)... but straight up my little Roland Micro Cube sounds gorgeous with multiple guitars, at low or high volumes, and can get very very loud. Plus, that was only $125 new (I bought it second-hand for $65, a steal!), and you can step up to their larger sizes, many of which I don't see at Guitar Center but are online anywhere you look.

Honestly, I wish instead of spending money on the Spider, I had just started off with the Micro Cube for my first year or two, but I had to sell my Spider at a big loss eventually.
Yeah, we really need to know what you would use it for. A small tube combo sounds good for you though. I'd really stay away from solid-state halfstacks though, such as that Crate.

edit: gah, a bit late.

Maybe a POD and a VJ?