I read around, and some places said it was alder which is what i would expect. But this guitar is pretty heavy, close if not as much as my les paul.. so that has me thinkin its mahogany. Its definatly heavier than my old squier strat or a fender strat..
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
bump
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
its probly a combo of alder and some otehr woods, but idk anything about taht model, is it a higher end? if so its probly alder. and dude, alder can be heavy, have you ever picked up a SSS fender strat?? those things aint light-weight, tahts for sure.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Yeah i mean its not like an inconvienience or anything, but I would say its close to the weight of my les paul, which is a heavy guitar.

I just cant find any like credible info on this guitar so thought someone on here must know.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
The one with the FR, comfy bolt-on neck joint and reverse headstock? My brother has got one. It's pretty cool IMO, don't like the pickups and the trem that much but it plays nice. Don't know anything about woods though.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Seems to be made out of basswood from what I can assertain from the internet.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by jmag
The one with the FR, comfy bolt-on neck joint and reverse headstock? My brother has got one. It's pretty cool IMO, don't like the pickups and the trem that much but it plays nice. Don't know anything about woods though.

yeah thats it. Plays well, stock pickups sound like butt, but it would basically be an Ibanez RG with some good pickups, and alot cheaper.

I traded my squier strat and 20$ for this guitar at a pawn shop.

Ill try to get some pics.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Quote by uldhppi
My MIJ Strat is basswood and its pretty heavy.

Mhm. I've got an Ibanez PGM301 which is basswood and light as anything. Then an Ibanez GRG170DX which is also basswood and is heavy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
There may be different densities of basswood. Don't know how much difference it makes to the sound. I have a heavy Floyd on it that probably weighs a pound or two.
Quote by liquidknowledg4
yeah thats it. Plays well, stock pickups sound like butt, but it would basically be an Ibanez RG with some good pickups, and alot cheaper.

I traded my squier strat and 20$ for this guitar at a pawn shop.

Ill try to get some pics.

Neh, the neck's thicker than it is with RGs. But yeah, it plays pretty cool. Oh, and the electronics on it tend to fail after a while. My brother's only works in the middle position of the 3 way switch, no sound comes out with the 1st and 3rd positions selected. Crappy wiring.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.