Well, I'm very new to amps, all I've ever known was a Peavey Combo. Well, it's time for a better amp, and I was thinking about an old Marshall JCM 800 on ebay. The thing is, is it safe? I'm kind of paranoid when it comes to this site.

I mean, where else can I find them , right? I plan to get the cab somewhere else, though. thanks for your thoughts.
buy just a few inexpensive things first so that you know how ebay works.. inexpensive incase you accidently mess up and get scammed.
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
If the seller has good feedback and you have paypal then its all good, but anything less than 5 with 100% then its iffy.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Well, so far on ebay, i've bought:

Behringer DD100 delay pedal (shipped broken, never replaced)
EMG 60 Pickup (good)
Seymour JB (good)
Buckethead CD/DVD (working, sealed)
talkbox (on it's way)

Basically, eBay can work, or it can't, every purchase is a risk, But always go for the people with high feedback
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ohh, I'm VERY fond of ebay. Been buying stuff for about 4 years now. They don't sell JCM 800's brand new, right??? that's probably a stupid question.
By judging the sellers feedback score and reading reviews, I've never been screwed by buying music gear from eBay.

BUT! I must say, to me, no two tube heads sound the same. There are subtle differences in their tone, and I think this is especially true with older Marshall heads. If possible, try to demo the ones you're interested in buying, but I know thats not always possible. It would just suck if you bought one and the tone wasn't what you expected. It won't be a world of difference, but it depends on how picky you are. Just a suggestion.
Epiphone LP Custom
Peavey VK 100/Supreme 100 Bi-Amp
Mesa 4x12

Squire P-Pass
GK 1001
GK NEO 4x12
Quote by lawinnn
Ohh, I'm VERY fond of ebay. Been buying stuff for about 4 years now. They don't sell JCM 800's brand new, right??? that's probably a stupid question.

They have a reissue 2203- a single-channel, hundred watt head. The split channel ones, the combos, and the fifty watters all have to be found used, though.
Quote by cokeisbetter
They have a reissue 2203- a single-channel, hundred watt head. The split channel ones, the combos, and the fifty watters all have to be found used, though.

Are the combos any good, though? I just saw one on there for $540. I don't know if that's a good price. I probably won't buy it anyway.
Ben
craigslist ftw! haha. ebay has some great deals, and you can find pretty much anything you're looking for, you just have to make sure that you're scrupulous when looking into a purchase. look at the seller's feedback and actually read some comments made by users about him/her, and read what he/she writes. ask the seller a lot of questions - if the seller is legit, you'll probably get all of your questions answered, and quickly.