I use Mozilla Firefox for all of my web surfing. Recently I started getting a bunch of popups out of nowhere, and for some reason they all come up in an Internet Explorer browser when I am surfing the web using Firefox. So Internet Explorer doesn't seem to be listed under Add/Remove programs under the control panel, is there any other way to do it?

Thanks
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
no there isnt a way to. Its part of Windows,vand u cant remove it. It happens to me too, except i use the verizon browser.
go to add/remove programs and on the left should be "add/remove windows components"

IE should be there.
you have to click add/remove windows components.. but it says IE is 0mb... so i'm not sure if it'll do anything if you click it off.
It is. You've gotta go into 'add/remove windows components' and do it that way. Just make sure you've got all the tick-boxes right when you do it though, otherwise you may well end out with god-know-what going missing as a result
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Interesting... I would unnistall Internet Explorer also, let's hope that exist a way to do it
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by qotsa1998
no there isnt a way to. Its part of Windows,vand u cant remove it. It happens to me too, except i use the verizon browser.

There's a way to remove anything on the computer.
There is a way, but it involves replacing Internet Explorer with the file browser from Windows 95 or something like that, since on newer versions of windows, the file browser is basically IE with a different skin.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by MestFan99
There's a way to remove anything on the computer.

Not IE. Unless you plan on uninstalling the OS. Internet Explorer is integrated into the Windows Operating System.
true. i removed it from mine. but a special prompt came up because iw as running low on disk space on my C: drive. one of the advanced options was remove windows components that i didnt use and IE was under that option.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by Slim_bob.Billy
true. i removed it from mine. but a special prompt came up because iw as running low on disk space on my C: drive. one of the advanced options was remove windows components that i didnt use and IE was under that option.

You wont have uninstalled IE. You may have removed any shortcuts to it, but it is not possible to run Windows without IE.

At least, not without knowing what you are doing. And if that is the case, you probably wouldn't want to, a sit would mess up your OS.
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
I use Mozilla Firefox for all of my web surfing. Recently I started getting a bunch of popups out of nowhere, and for some reason they all come up in an Internet Explorer browser when I am surfing the web using Firefox. So Internet Explorer doesn't seem to be listed under Add/Remove programs under the control panel, is there any other way to do it?

Thanks

maybe you should run a spyware check. do the popups come on when your comp is idle?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Bleh, screw around with the registery? But I don't suggest that.

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝