after playing for a while, my strat starts to give small electric shocks ! this is really annoying, anyone knows what the problem is ??
Is it a Pikachu?

But seriously, what hand is getting the shocks?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Put some icyhot on it, that might work.

In all seriousness though, are any internal parts exposed? If not, maybe it's static electricity from something in your house?
Quote by Toasty25000
Put some icyhot on it, that might work.

In all seriousness though, are any internal parts exposed? If not, maybe it's static electricity from something in your house?

nope nothing exposed, and it's to strong to be static electricity...
grounding wire to the bridge? does the guitar hum at all? (more than usual)
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I think mine was doing that at one point...

Were you wearing anything along the lines of rings, bracelets, etc?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by mcw00t
grounding wire to the bridge? does the guitar hum at all? (more than usual)

i don't know what you mean by that first line...
yes the guitar hums, alot actually but that because of the crappy pups.
Maybe you might wanna check the ground wire around the back of the tremolo system. The wiring may also have problems.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Check the wiring, most likely the ground wire is loose. The ground wire is attached to the bridge inside of the guitar and it makes sure that the electricity in the guitar has a complete circuit to reduce hum and to prevent exactly this. If it's loose, the electricity will use you as a jump to the ground, and that may be what's shocking you. If not, than you probably just have some faulty electronics.
Quote by PlayMadness
I think mine was doing that at one point...

Were you wearing anything along the lines of rings, bracelets, etc?

erm yeah a watch.
Quote by onebetter
Check the wiring, most likely the ground wire is loose. The ground wire is attached to the bridge inside of the guitar and it makes sure that the electricity in the guitar has a complete circuit to reduce hum and to prevent exactly this. If it's loose, the electricity will use you as a jump to the ground, and that may be what's shocking you. If not, than you probably just have some faulty electronics.

are faulty electronics or a loose ground wire bad for my amp ?? just wanna make sure if it can damage it in any way..
Cool
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
its obvious that your amp is giving the shock. I got 2 old amps with no ground that shock me unless I'm standing on carpet. How old is the amp?
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Quote by The red Strat.
are faulty electronics or a loose ground wire bad for my amp ?? just wanna make sure if it can damage it in any way..

I had a loose ground wire on my guitar for about a year before I realized it was loose, and it didn't harm my amp. Faulty electronics might, though, by putting way to much current into the amp and overloading it. Although, after reading the post of the guy above me, the amp does seem like a logical source of the shocks. Try standing on something insulated like a rubber mat when you play and see if that helps.
The problem isn't your guitar, its your house's faulty electric wiring.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Obviously, your playing is hurting Zeus' ears and he is sending lightning bolts down to kill you, but his aim is a little off today and he keeps hitting your guitar. I would advise that you quit playing as his aim will return.
I will make you change your mind.

Quote by wizards?
*e-hugs mindchanger*
"you're still awesome"
its a grounding problem. its either a problem with your guitar, your amp, or the electrical source (an open ground)
sup?
i use to have fun with this all the time in jazz band. you must be running a circuit or something. i would always have someone else plugged into my amp, and when they were touching there strings, i would take out my plug from my guitar and put it on the back of their neck. hurts them pretty bad. but its pretty funny.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by Mindchanger
Obviously, your playing is hurting Zeus' ears and he is sending lightning bolts down to kill you, but his aim is a little off today and he keeps hitting your guitar. I would advise that you quit playing as his aim will return.

Obvious answer.
What are you guys yucking about with the wires thing?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by hushie_619
its obvious that your amp is giving the shock. I got 2 old amps with no ground that shock me unless I'm standing on carpet. How old is the amp?

it's 2 days old.
Quote by fenderbassist12
i use to have fun with this all the time in jazz band. you must be running a circuit or something. i would always have someone else plugged into my amp, and when they were touching there strings, i would take out my plug from my guitar and put it on the back of their neck. hurts them pretty bad. but its pretty funny.

were you plugged into the same amp as the other guys when you pluuged out your guitar ?
Quote by The red Strat.
anyone know what the problem is ??

The problem is that it is a squire.

Dunno if it's allready been said.

Or maybe god just hates you.

Quote by The red Strat.
were you plugged into the same amp as the other guys when you pluuged out your guitar ?

actually we had 3 amps. i remember if i tocuhed someone who was using a different amp then i would shock them. sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. we never really figured out how it worked but we just liked shocking each other.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
what kind of amp is it? older amps(from late 70's and before) tend to be wired badly and need to be changed around
l> l> /\ l\
l>
l\ /~\ l/