Searched, but couldn't find it.

So, what was your first bass?

Mine's a black Squire P-Bass with Basslines.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Well, my kid sister wanted to play bass, so my dad bought her a Squier Affinity Jazz. I guess that might count as my first bass because I played on it before I bought my own. The first bass I've owned proper was a Charvel Model 3B.

The Squier was donated to the homeless and the Charvel was subsequently sold for a Mexican Jazz V which was subsequently sold for my MIA Deluxe Jazz V.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Ibanez GSR 200, still my only one, but it's served me well, and i'm getting a P-bass soon
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
My first and only bass is a 1978 Rickenbacker 4001. Pity i don't have a bass amp to put it through (i really mean that...)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
My first and only bass is a 1978 Rickenbacker 4001. Pity i don't have a bass amp to put it through (i really mean that...)

That made me throw up in my mouth a little...

EDIT: How can you put an Epi Les Paul Jr. in your gear list but NOT a Rick 4001?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
um it was about 7 inches long, caught it in lake mindemoya on manitoulin island. i was about 7 at the time using my grandpas fishing rod.
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
Quote by Blompcube

Wow.

How did that happen?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
Ibanez SRX700, first bass I own and am still using.
Just great for the price(it ****ing should be).
I chose it over a Mexican Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe /w active for the reason Im not a big fender fan(although I really liked the jag, and the telecaster for guitar).

Am saving for a Stingray/Bongo and I really wanna check out them Rickenbackers.
Quote by thefitz
That made me throw up in my mouth a little...

EDIT: How can you put an Epi Les Paul Jr. in your gear list but NOT a Rick 4001?

because i can't gig with it due to a lack of a bass amp i suppose i could hire one.

edit: also point taken lol.

Quote by sammcl-15
Wow.

How did that happen?

well it was my dads, no idea how he got it, but he doesn't use it anymore, so when i found it, he was just "oh you can have that i never use it".
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
well it was my dads, no idea how he got it, but he doesn't use it anymore, so when i found it, he was just "oh you can have that i never use it".

I've wanted one for ages
Quote by Demonikk
+1

Quote by Charlatan_001
Quote by Blompcube
because i can't gig with it due to a lack of a bass amp i suppose i could hire one.

edit: also point taken lol.

Um... how to say this nicely... I would recommend the investment into a bass amp. That Rick is more valuable, if not more important, than all the rest of your gear combined.

EDIT: on the gear list update. It's for your own good!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by Blompcube

You are one LUCKY person to have a Dad with a Rick!

On topic, my first bass was an Ibanez GSR-200, and it still serves me well.
poop
An old J bass copy, I still have it. The G-string machine head is broken and I added some nifty competition stripes with surgical tape.
Some half-acoustic piece of crap excuse of a bass. It even had a hole in it (seriously, it was taped over). Oh and the slap tone made my ears bleed.

I borrowed that from a friends friend to make sure if the bass was the instrument for me. I played around with it for about a month. That was one hell of a month though.
My first and only bass at the min

Stagg bass *shock*

I think its good, but not playing any other bass guitars... i could be very wrong :P
the first bass i played was a bluerock p bass is 3 tone sunburst. it belonged to the drummer in the band i was in at the time but the first bass i owned was my marlin state of the art bass which is in my profile picture. i won't go into the story behind it because the regs are probably sick of reading it lol

love

dan xx
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i started on a rental MIM p-bass but a few months in i got a yamaha rbx275F and im still using that after like 3 years.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
My first and only bass is a harley benton mb22-2t. I bought it from a friend together with an amp of the same manufacturer.
I got a crappy Fender P bass knock-off from a company called Excel. They make one bass, one guitar, one bass amp, one guitar amp, and that's the entirety of their products.
Well the first bass to be in my household was a cheap fender/squier electric bass that was green. My bro got it with a close looking blue electric guitar and ended up selling both.

The first and only bass so far that I've bought was a Dean Playmate EABC Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Bass. Pretty nice, though I'm a newb to bass so I don't know how good/bad anything really is.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
some ashton knock off of a p bass made fretless (currently being repainted new neck new pick ups so it cant be called to pos nemore) and yes i learnt fretless first lol it made playing my ltd soo easy wen i got it tho i didnt have to hit the exact spot ne more lol
ive still got my first bass its a crappy gear 4 music that its impossible not to lean your arm on the body the pick ups are nice but nearly broken and 2 mounths ago i nearly shattered the neck by dropping a chest of drawers on it so now it got a big crack up from the neck to the head and it goes out of tune in a day and it cost 100 pounds when new evn though i got it third hand for free of my brother and he got it for 60 pounds
needed something to practice outsite of music class so i basicly bougth the first pack(2nd hand)
i got my hands on 6 years ago.
A Squier P-bass, Torque Tb30(do they even exist?Torque that is ).

And i regrets its deeply now when I am more advanced
i been trying to sell it for 2-3 month but well i still got it

/I Hate my bass set with passion
my first bass is a jazz copy made by a japanese company called avon that doesnt exist anymore. i think its from the 70s and i found it in my attic, but it does play quite well.
www.myspace.com/wemakemodels
Mine was called an "Emperador". I guess to sound something like Emperor. I have no idea where it was made or even where I bought it now. It sure was a piece of crap though.
my first bass was a Morris, SG styled 4 stringer. it was terrible. fortunatly i had never played a good bass so i was happy, at the time. that was christmas of 1975. cost $150. and worth about $10.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Fullerton P-bass...I have since added pickups, defretted it, and I'm not building a whole new body for it. The only thing still stock is the neck, and even that's modded.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.