What is the value of of the potentiometer in a Vox Clyde McCoy wah? Not like how much it cost but like is it 10k? 100k?
100K in a Clyde McCoy, I believe. It doesn't really matter too much, though, if you've got the right (or approximately the right) taper.
vintage clydes have the ICAR taper. it's like... inbetween linear and logarithmic taper, but a bit closer to linear. it has better sweep.

get something better than a Dunlop Hot Potz.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You know, audio taper, linear taper, reverse audio taper, ICAR taper, that sort of stuff? It's like how the the resistance of the pot changes when you move it. A 500K linear taper pot set in the middle of its rotation will be split into two equal 250K halves. An audio taper will not, cos it's not tapered the same way. For a wah, you'll want ICAR taper if you can find it. Otherwise, audio/log will do.
^it wouldn't work too great with wahs. u can find Dunlop Hot Potz there if u REALLY need one. wah pots need a special pinion gear on it, that might be a little difficult to fit on a normal pot.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^it wouldn't work too great with wahs. u can find Dunlop Hot Potz there if u REALLY need one. wah pots need a special pinion gear on it, that might be a little difficult to fit on a normal pot.

well what do you recomend I get? I don't want to spend like $30 on a fulltone pot.