tried one out today and i loved it. i think ill get it as a band/practice amp. it sounded soo good and very bright and clear. although, the volume would suddenly drop...then come back....why? is it cause it doesnt have a standby switch? i know that when you turn it on, it takes a couple seconds for it to hear cause its tubed, but the volume just randomly changed, why?

jj
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Maybe the tubes in it are bad? But it didn't do that on the ones I tested, and I have to agree that the tome on these things is awesome! I just gotta get the volume knob on my V8 fixed, but right now its not a problem since i just use the gain so I'll get it done when i get it retubed in a while.
maybe it knows ur an emo, so its trying to kill itself
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Try a different amp of the same model. It shouldn't do that. Budget amps are a little more prone to quality control issues, althought the Palamino is a good sounding amp.
^

Don't get a palomino dude, tone is good, but guess what, realiabitliy issues, tons of em. i had a v16 also, returned because of the ovlume drop, got a new one, scratchy gain knob and still volume drop and rise. and if you change your tubes, there goes the crate warranty, i know their policy is just ridiculous, but thats how they make money.
Quote by shtiming
^

Don't get a palomino dude, tone is good, but guess what, realiabitliy issues, tons of em. i had a v16 also, returned because of the ovlume drop, got a new one, scratchy gain knob and still volume drop and rise. and if you change your tubes, there goes the crate warranty, i know their policy is just ridiculous, but thats how they make money.

Sounds like you got unlucky with 2 lemons. My V16 went through a month of being handled by shipping companies, and customs agents, and when it arrived it sung like an angel, and it hasn't stopped since.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
All the V16's that I've played at GC's have been great. But they were prolly all USA made ones. The vietnam Palominos have bad quality control, but to fix the pot scratchiness you could use contact cleaner, even tho that should have been done at the factory in vietnam!
Quote by pawnluv
maybe it knows ur an emo, so its trying to kill itself

ohh....ok....pff, this is coming from the guy that has a brand of guitars that make 4 wheelers also....
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
and btw, thanks guys, ill reconsider getting this amp.
Quote by NeverMeant
Quote by sloppyjoe109
ohh....ok....pff, this is coming from the guy that has a brand of guitars that make 4 wheelers also....

Nice!!