Fall out boy
15 18%
panic! at the disco
10 12%
other, please post who
21 25%
Voters: 85.
Page 1 of 2
what bands are best from bands everyone seems to hate.

EDIT: i dont hate any of these bands. They 3 of my favourite bands tbh.
Last edited by Next.Frank.Iero at Aug 25, 2007,
I picked panic because of their original sound.

EDIT:Hoorzah for sarcasm >_>

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Last edited by Incardito at Aug 25, 2007,
Avenged Sevenfold.
Quote by quincy514
Dave Matthews Band. I guess they're talented, but I find that every one of their fans seems to be a big tool with a popped collar and backwards Polo hat.

YES!!!
MCR, mostly because I actually enjoy "The Black Parade" album.

Even though the rest of it is crap.
FOB...I kinda find some of their stuff quite catchy...

Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
PATD suck. So do Bright Eyes. I'd beat the crap out of Conor Oberst if I could for being a tard.

edit: I thought this meant what bands do most people hate. I picked PATD. Best band though would be Fall Out Boy, cause it's good chick music for getting a bitch in the mood.
mcr hate em but their guitarist has classical training
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by Incardito
I picked panic because of their original sound

Original? They sound exactly like Fall Out Boy.

I went with "Other"

While I'm not a fan of them, Hawthorne Heights is better than all three of those bands.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
These bands are actually loved by the public, just not by people on this site.
I don't like any of them for their genericness.
Mine, =\.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Liberation

I went with "Other"

While I'm not a fan of them, Hawthorne Heights is better than all three of those bands.

haha ... ha ... icy hot .... ha...

Meh hawthorne is too emo :S

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
it's a shame that just because a band is in mainstream, most people on here seems to hate them.

All 3 of them are good bands, they may not be original, but they make good music
That's what she said
Panic, because they are really catchy and they always play them when I go bowling and then their song gets stuck in my head for like a week.
I'd say MCR. Don't like the band much but the guitarist is pretty talented musically IMO

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
it's a shame that just because a band is in mainstream, most people on here seems to hate them.

All 3 of them are good bands, they may not be original, but they make good music

I see where your coming from, but i don't agree with you.
Being extremely generic and making good music imo is not possible.
Well, the majority of bands that are insulted here are insulted for these reasons (usually):

The music is simplistic
It isn't old
The artists are still alive

Honestly, I rarely see Blues music insulted here, yet it is just as simplistic and unoriginal as the bands listed above, and this is coming from a man with 224 Blues pieces on his iTunes library. Honestly, I believe certain things wouldn't be insulted as much if mainstream America didn't love them so much such as:

Dane Cook

Napoleon Dynamite

Fall Out Boy, Green Day, My Chemical Romance (I never listen to any of these bands, but they aren't the worst musicians I have heard)

Honestly, Classic Rock and Blues music really aren't as different as today's Rock music, yet I hear far more insulting of today's music, because it isn't exactley like the "Good ol' days of Rock 'N Roll".

Really, my favorite music is some of the most complex and respected compositional craftsmanship around, yet even I enjoy listening to more simplistic music, such as Blues, Classic Rock, Folk and Modern Rock. Really, I find that most of the time, the reasons I here for the insulting of these bands are poor.
Quote by cytehntr05
Avenged Sevenfold.

Yup
Quote by Toilets
Emus are actually one of my favourites out of the 7 flightless species of birds. Why has everyone got this problem with them?

Quote by TheKeep21
whats ur guyz fave band. mine is lead zepelion or something like that. the guitar player of them is so good.
Sum 41.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Panic! At The Disco, without a doubt. They're doing something a bit different and something that's quite entertaining when it's not cringeworthy (That wet dream for the webzine thing? Oh dear).
Quote by Jalapwnage
PATD suck. So do Bright Eyes. I'd beat the crap out of Conor Oberst if I could for being a tard.

edit: I thought this meant what bands do most people hate. I picked PATD. Best band though would be Fall Out Boy, cause it's good chick music for getting a bitch in the mood.

Everything word you said just made me hate you.

I like MCR's old albums. Especially Three Cheers, so I voted for them.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
i adore fall out boy
not ashamed to admit
however
*puts flame shield up*
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by screamsoftly
Everything word you said just made me hate you.

I like MCR's old albums. Especially Three Cheers, so I voted for them.

Haha, i'm sorry man, but I gotta agree with The Madcap. I mean, it's not the worst stuff out there, but other than Helena, i've never heard anything that made me go "OMFG!" like some other bands have.
I voted other

-Syn. Gates
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
I voted other, for Green Day. MCR isn't bad either.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, the majority of bands that are insulted here are insulted for these reasons (usually):

The music is simplistic
It isn't old
The artists are still alive

Honestly, I rarely see Blues music insulted here, yet it is just as simplistic and unoriginal as the bands listed above, and this is coming from a man with 224 Blues pieces on his iTunes library. Honestly, I believe certain things wouldn't be insulted as much if mainstream America didn't love them so much such as:

Dane Cook

Napoleon Dynamite

Fall Out Boy, Green Day, My Chemical Romance (I never listen to any of these bands, but they aren't the worst musicians I have heard)

Honestly, Classic Rock and Blues music really aren't as different as today's Rock music, yet I hear far more insulting of today's music, because it isn't exactley like the "Good ol' days of Rock 'N Roll".

Really, my favorite music is some of the most complex and respected compositional craftsmanship around, yet even I enjoy listening to more simplistic music, such as Blues, Classic Rock, Folk and Modern Rock. Really, I find that most of the time, the reasons I here for the insulting of these bands are poor.

Too right, they're not the worst musicians.

The trouble is now though that the reputation of the bands as people appears to contribute almost MORE to the music industry than the actual music they make. Any band can come up with a catchy riff, or decent music. If they don't have a personality that makes them different (or, in all these bands' cases, weird, detested in a very extroverted way) their songs won't be known, except in a few rare cases.

The musicmanship might not be bad; it's the people and their method for rising to fame which people hate (look at Pete Wentz).
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
I like MCR. Fair enough they've changed quite a lot (be it for the better or worse).
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Paul Lambeth
Too right, they're not the worst musicians.

The trouble is now though that the reputation of the bands as people appears to contribute almost MORE to the music industry than the actual music they make. Any band can come up with a catchy riff, or decent music. If they don't have a personality that makes them different (or, in all these bands' cases, weird, detested in a very extroverted way) their songs won't be known, except in a few rare cases.

The musicmanship might not be bad; it's the people and their method for rising to fame which people hate (look at Pete Wentz).

if i read all that right, i think i agree. haha. but what was pete wentz's "method for rising to fame". fall out boy started small then got noticed by a record company just like many other bands. nothing different there.

and i also agree with everything the madcap said. all these bands are hated because they are mainstream and whichever user's favorite band is not.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
if i read all that right, i think i agree. haha. but what was pete wentz's "method for rising to fame". fall out boy started small then got noticed by a record company just like many other bands. nothing different there.

and i also agree with everything the madcap said. all these bands are hated because they are mainstream and whichever user's favorite band is not.

Well, had Pete Wentz and the rest of Fallout Boy been completely normal, fairly introverted, shy people, who were only riding on their talent at their instruments to get them famous, I doubt they'd have been on the front cover of music magazines and playing Live Earth. The record companies didn't notice just a band who had amazing music talent; they noticed an image which they could market.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
Quote by Paul Lambeth
Well, had Pete Wentz and the rest of Fallout Boy been completely normal, fairly introverted, shy people, who were only riding on their talent at their instruments to get them famous, I doubt they'd have been on the front cover of music magazines and playing Live Earth. The record companies didn't notice just a band who had amazing music talent; they noticed an image which they could market.

ok. but blaming pete wentz is being just ignorant. a band always cares about their music at first, not image. they dont start a band thinking that they have the perfect image to get noticed, and neither does any other starting band.

Quote by Liberation

I went with "Other"

They really do, I tthought I write sins... was Fall Out Boy for the longest time.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Quote by Dragforce92
They really do, I tthought I write sins... was Fall Out Boy for the longest time.

their vocalists may be similar but its easy to tell them apart since panic has a more techno sound and uses some exotic instruments. fall out boy is just guitar bass drums most of the time.

Quote by Alix_D
The vocalists don't sound similar though, that's what makes me wonder!

they do sometimes. i agree, for the most part they dont, but theres some parts where you can mix them up. take it from a fan, man.

Page 1 of 2