what are some of the pros/cons of the ad100vt head?.....because i am going to be investing in a half stack soon and i want to get the best for my money....i was thinking of this amp for a few reasons
1. Its pretty inexpensive
2. Its a modeling amp (which gets as close to a tube amp as u can get tone wise)
3. Vox has an amazing rep.

But what i wanna know is.....
1. Is this a loud amp? (well i know 100 watts is loud itself but how loud is it for 100 watts)
2. How does it sound? Can it handle metal? And is the tone going to go dead when u crank it?
3. How does it compare to my flextone 2 soundwise?

so for those of you who own/have played one of these please help me out and tell me any bad experiences u may have had because i have heard these things have some problems
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Is this the amp you mean?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vox-ad-100vth/70004

If you are going to buy this then you will also need a cabinet. With the combined price I believe you could get a 30W tube combo which would be roughly as loud at this. Also, vox aren't well known for their high gain amplifiers.
Gear

Ibanez S520EX
Gordon Smith electric guitar
Zoom GFX-707 Multi-effects
Crappy starter amp
yes that is the amp....and i know i need a cab....i have an avatar cab picked out....and a 30 watt tube amp would only b the equivelent of my flextone volume wise anyway (if im not mistaken) so this amp is a no go?...cuz i want a descent metal tone....(doesnt have to be death metal standard) and some good cleans...
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box
A flextone isn't all tube so a tube combo would be louder. How much would the head + cab cost you in total? In my opinion a tube combo would serve you better.
Gear

Ibanez S520EX
Gordon Smith electric guitar
Zoom GFX-707 Multi-effects
Crappy starter amp
Given the issues you've been having with your Flextone it's probably time to get yourself a tube amp. You won't need a half-stack, there are some earth-shatteringly loud combos about - maybe look for a used 5150?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah but i cant trade in my flextone...my dads stuborn and wont let me.....hmph i gess im screwed...until i save some money....how much would it be for a nice tube combo with a good metal tone and good cleans.....and what amp?....and if its a combo i want to have at least 2 speakers in it so i can have some extra presence...but if i dont need that then nvm
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box
Your dad's probably ensuring you don't turn into a spoiled brat by giving you everything you want

To be honest there's not a great deal to choose between the Vox and the Flextone, you'd be spending a lot of money for what's little more than a sideways step.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Your dad's probably ensuring you don't turn into a spoiled brat by giving you everything you want

To be honest there's not a great deal to choose between the Vox and the Flextone, you'd be spending a lot of money for what's little more than a sideways step.

yeah i see your point im just gonna save and no im not spoiled i completely appreciate all the money my dads put in to my equimpment and the only thing ive ever asked for was a new amp....haha other than that when he asks me what i want for my b-day or xmas i just say whatever u think id like ...but he hasnt dissapointed yet....
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Preamp Box