Before I get flamed for this, my humblest apologies, but I love this song. It's so freaking catchy...

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, close/move it if you want to.

At about 1:14 in the verse, when she sings "I got class like a '57 Cadillac", the background guitar has a really funky, chunky tone. It's kind of hard to hear the guitar with her singing, but I think it's overdriven single coils with a subtle, but really wide flanger. Any other thoughts on this?

Also, I think the flanger is used on a distorted guitar again around 2:50 when the drums cut out.
pics.

seriously, though, to me, that sounds more like a bridge humbucker which is slightly overdriving the front end of the amp. i have a pretty poor history of guessing what recorded tones are, though, so maybe best take that with a pinch of salt...

actually, on closer listen, that could be single coils, bridge and middle? not too sure about the fx, as you say it's hard to hear with the singing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The guitarist plays a Gibson Les Paul Standard, saw it on the Friday Night Project when she was the guest singer (UK tv show)
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I'd say bridge humbucker with a slightly overdriven amp and some sort of flanger or chorus. Good song btw, thanks for introducing me to it. I'm gonna have to learn to play it.
Thanks for the replies guys!

Now I just need to find a cheap flanger on ebay...

EDIT: I wonder if I could get the rest of the guys to play this song at a gig... Even as a joke song, it'd be awesome. Like, with guy vocals. Ok, maybe not...