Hey guys, just got back from the local pawn shop, not much to choose from as far as guitars go, a lot of stuff out of beginner package deals, a dean double neck. An SG design caught my eye though, it was a silvertone so I have no intention of buying it, but he wanted 120 bucks for it. And a washburn maverick series BT-3 for 80 bucks. I'm not expert but this place seems like a complete rip off. Where are all those pawn shops i hear other users talking about?! You know, the ones where they get a rare rundown guitar for 30 bucks?
Hey, washburn marverick BT-3 for $80 is decent actually...

Never heard of silvertone though

And you are telling us this because... ?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

well....zakk wylde once lost his bulls-eye guitar, it fell out of the tour bus or something, and some guy saw it in a pawn shop and thoguht it was kool looking and bought it, he paid $250 for something that would easily be worth at least 700-900 bucks...he then tok out the pickups for some reason and it said zakk wylde and he returned it and blah blah.......i guess you jst gotta get lucky
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
dont know the dean model, and I'm telling you because I can? Good enough answer? I'll try and make sure all my posts from now on are just me asking what song I should learn next, or what guitar is better than another...So sorry to have sullied your internetz.
hes posting it because its a guitar forum, a place where people talk, bitch, whine, complain, and praise things about guitars.

Pawnshops put crazy prices on them, but if you ask them about it, be like, whats the lowest youd let it go for? then when they give you a price, be like ehh well il give you this... (10 dollar cheaper price) depending on the actual price.
that BT-3, i cant find it anywhere to buy, just wondering if anyone has any information about it. I know it's no special guitar, but was wondering if it would be worth picking up just to fix it up a bit. I just know nothing about the guitar, its not on the washburn site and I can only find some shaky looking reviews and a lot of conflicting ratings.
Quote by pENTAcUBE
Hey guys, just got back from the local pawn shop, not much to choose from as far as guitars go, a lot of stuff out of beginner package deals, a dean double neck. An SG design caught my eye though, it was a silvertone so I have no intention of buying it, but he wanted 120 bucks for it. And a washburn maverick series BT-3 for 80 bucks. I'm not expert but this place seems like a complete rip off. Where are all those pawn shops i hear other users talking about?! You know, the ones where they get a rare rundown guitar for 30 bucks?

canada...the best pawn shops for guitars ever. the closer you get to the border, the better the deals get
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless