I've recently noticed guitar players taping their right hand when playing, what does this do?
doesn't hurt your wrist to play for long periods of time, such as with mountain biking with the wrists for when they do big drops, and boxing when they tape their hands
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
For sweat, or for palm muting purposes. My hand sometimes gets raw from the bridge.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's used for Palm muting. Kirk wears one so he doesn't cut his hand.

I don't wear one because I am too Awesome.

-Syn. Gates
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Because Dave Mustaine said so.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Because They Feel Like It Damnit!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Frank Iero, and thus MCR fans, do it.

Yeah... I basically just ruined it for all of you.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Last edited by Eighteen4Ever at Aug 25, 2007,
No, I'm gonna because my hands sweat hell of a lot and it looks good and it makes it easier to palm mute and it makes it easier to slide your hand up and down the fretboard.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Dave Grohl does it in the new Pretender video.. therefore it must be cool
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Quote by Attack
Oh Synyster Gates wears them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf21yjuAShA

That was just, um....... Fancy Editing......

*runs away*

-Syn. Gates
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Last edited by Born_to_shred at Aug 25, 2007,
There's a few reasons, like boxers, bmx'ers etc. it can be used for support for playing for long periods of time. It can be used to protect the wrist from rubbing against the guitar or it can be used because it "looks cool" in some peoples opinion.
They give a 5+ bonus on your defense against magic, get them tempered with Iron for 500K to get Iron Tape. Iron Tape will give you -2 on speed but give you a +12 bonus for magic defense and +5 for attack.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by cammo_1234
Dave Grohl does it in the new Pretender video.. therefore it must be cool

+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
Frank Iero, and thus MCR fans, do it.

Yeah... I basically just ruined it for all of you.

Doesnt Frank iero wears fingerless gloves.

well he does in most video's ive seen him play live.

and im his biggest fan.

i dont tape my wrist i use fingerless gloves

2 reasons:

Palm muting,

and feels comfortable
and keeps your hand warm
Last edited by Next.Frank.Iero at Aug 26, 2007,
Quote by Next.Frank.Iero

and feels comfortable
and keeps your hand warm

It might feel comfortable, but I'm pretty sure I don't want my hands any warmer when I play... Even if it's cold, my hands don't get cold when I play... but if you're playing MCR stuff, which I figure must just be powerchords and Eighth notes, because I've never heard them, Your hands are most likely not getting a very good workout.