Is there any way to export tracks to mp3, once the mp3 encoder trial has expired, without having to order the encoder off of the cakewalk site?

I've tried exporting the track as a WAV and then converting it with a separate program but it doesn't seem to work, the WAV must be encoded weirdly or something. I've also tried a program called cwenc, which worked on the older versions of sonar but that didn't work either.
Gear:

Epi Les Paul
Epi Tony Iommi SG
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Noise suppressor
Boss tuner
Marshall 1993 Jcm900 Stack
I have Sonar Home Studio 6. You need to make sure you export the WAV file using 16bit/44.1 KHz. My recording hardware is 24bit/48 KHz native so I have to make sure I down convert on the export.

Also, try using both wave types (broadcast and riff) with your software to see which one works (check the format drop down in the export dialog).

I use the mp3 conversion built into Microsoft's Media Center (BTW, if you have media center, right click on the WAV and select the convert audio file item).
Thanks for the help guys.

i just needed to drop the bit-depth of the WAV to 16 bit. I should have tried that, it was a bit stupid of me but thanks very much for pointing that out for me
Gear:

Epi Les Paul
Epi Tony Iommi SG
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Noise suppressor
Boss tuner
Marshall 1993 Jcm900 Stack
Last edited by dankillmall at Aug 26, 2007,