http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=464199&songID=5708527

The first part is the neck pickup, the last parts are the neck+bridge. I only recorded on clean because i was running through my amp, and my doesnt run distortion.

Sorry for butchering the randy rhoads song, but its my favorite song, and it demonstrated the guitars tone well =]

Rip randy.
It seems a bit too bright for a LP... What wood is the body made of?

Sounds almost basswood/alder like.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

dude that things sounds like....almost idk like a tele or strat +1 on the basswood/alder sound,

i like it tho. beautiful sound, but that also comes partly from the fact that you seriously dont suck at guitar.

btw, idk if you care or not but i think im goin ahead and getting the jet king, just because i havent been able to find it anywhere cheaper and plus i rly like its rly unique look and the ability to coil split. Plus i rly like the way it looks, and i havent been able to find anything as unique looking as it. i might try to find me a peavey to do as a rebuild sometime around Christmas tho thanks again for your help.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
to bad its not gibson/epiphone. umm, its kinda weird, i bought it thinking it would be like plywood, because its old and a copy, but i honestly have no idea what type of wood it is. its way to bright/unmuddy/clear/sustainish to be plywood. Im gonna go with alder or basswood, its to pretty for me to sand down and see. im not to worried about it. im glad you decided to get that guitar bored_maniac, i demand step by step pics and descriptions of what you do to it, if you need help or ideas leme know!

the peavey guitar, not so good! i was to excited in the store of the price i was getting it for to check the neck! i get home and i get the floyd/kahler spyder perfect. the action was a little high, so i lowered it, and after the 8th fret i had no notation, it was the worst buzz possible. so i look at the neck, and the thing is damn-brutally twisted! so i took the neck off, scalloped it for practice, lit it on fire, and hung it on my wall. took the tuners and stuff off of course. i parted the body out, im gonna sand it down, paint something cool on it, and hang it on my wall. good luck finding a reverse headstock for a guitar thats already rare without it!

more pics =]
Last edited by LP Addict at Aug 26, 2007,
Quote by LP Addict

so i took the neck off, scalloped it for practice, lit it on fire, and hung it on my wall. took the tuners and stuff off of course. i parted the body out, im gonna sand it down, paint something cool on it, and hang it on my wall.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! and as for pics etc, will do! im goin to post pics tomorrow after i get it, and then start trying to figure out wat to do about the volume knob and the so-loose-its-about-to-fall-out pick-up. then after that, well idk it depends on how it sounds and how much i care that it has a dent/chipped out area in the back
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I'd like to see the headstock of that white LP...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Taro?
Wonder who fab'd those up. A wonderful looking piece.
The shape of the headstock and it's... un-Gibson-ness caught my attention. I have a very similar LP knockoff made by Harmony. It's a bolt-neck in silverburst with open-coil HBs...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H