Page 1 of 2
I have been thinking about this subject for a while, and when you think about it, almost -every- civilization in history has had some type of dragon folklore. Is it possible that dragons ever existed? I doubt it but it is interesting every one had some type of dragon, Mayans, Chinese, Europeans, North American Indians all developed types of dragons. Could even their mythical fire breathing ability be logically explained?
The only thing harder than diamond is dragon, that's why they're so fierce, thus dragonforce.

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
The snake is an important figure in every culture around the world. It is usually symbolic of temptation. Just thought I would pass on my useless mythology reading knowledge.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Dragons were in all cultures because bones of dinosaurs were found and the people based the dragons off of those, then added some stuff (firebreathing etc.)

They never existed.
My mum says they mention dragons in the bible. I don't know if this is true. Either way I believe in them
Quote by Incardito
The only thing harder than diamond is dragon, that's why they're so fierce, thus dragonforce.

I prefer calling their music Powerful Metal.
Actually theres a .... I know someones gonna hate me for this, but theres a D&D book thats out about dragons called draconamacon (I have no idea if thats the correct spelling I got rid of it last year or two years ago) but it does a really nice job of explaining dragons and the way they work , from fire breathing down to diagrams and explenation of their sight/eyeballs. Pretty interesting if you like dragons.
I think they all found dinosaur bones and thought up similar explanations for them - dragons and other monsters
there was a documentary thing on the discovery channel that kind of went through and explained how dragons could have POSSIBLY actualy lived, they went through all the sciences including the firebreathing (which is just a mixture of gasses through a "flight bladder" type thing) and made it seem extremley possible

i think its possible
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by EvilMonkeySG3
there was a documentary thing on the discovery channel that kind of went through and explained how dragons could have POSSIBLY actualy lived, they went through all the sciences including the firebreathing (which is just a mixture of gasses through a "flight bladder" type thing) and made it seem extremley possible

i think its possible

It is entirely possible that such a creature could exist, but that doesn't mean that it did. There is no physical evidence pointing to the existence of dragons so it is hard to believe they ever lived.
Yes, they DO exist, I have one as a pet, he's about 23 feet tall and 2 tons, I call him Tiny.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
I shat fire into a fireproof box once.
True story.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
last year i saw some stuff on discovery channel special, all about dragons explaining how could everything relating to dragons have existed, for me, it was the day people proved dragons to be real *-*
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by metaldud536
Theres this beatle which shoots hot liquid from it's anus. That would be the closest thing to a fire breathing animal.

Pics?

And I think that it was dinosaur bones ancient civilizations dug up.
Get off my lawn.
If there were dragons, wouldn't there be skeletons and fossils? I mean, if they existed when humans did, you'd think there would be at least ONE skeleton that was found, but there isn't. I don't believe in dragons.
Peepee on yo tittays
i saw that documentary it was pretty informative

but the reason i believe there's so many dragons in many cultures is like the other guy said that the snake is an important figure is on the bible many people fear it and also if the drawings are not based on the snake it could be based of lizard or even dinosaurs and for the firebreathing in some culture they beleive they breathed fire not in all of them so like the other guy said it could be because it was culturally influence by that meaning that many people passed the story and so it was spread andthat could be also a facotr when a story is passed and passed on and on it gets a little distorted like the firebreathing could have been added to make more interesting
well theres a band called DragonForce.

So yes, basically dragons can be explained.
It's pretty obvious Herman and Sam are dragons,
no human can play at those speeds with grace and technicality.
Cept those g3 kids.
Theyre komodo dragons though.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Quote by ChrisForce
well theres a band called DragonForce.

So yes, basically dragons can be explained.
It's pretty obvious Herman and Sam are dragons,
no human can play at those speeds with grace and technicality.
Cept those g3 kids.
Theyre komodo dragons though.

Go on youtube and watch some live videos of them.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually i think dragons are possible, but maybe i'm just being hopeful because they're so cool.
Quote by NecroTrane
I wanna ride one

duuuuude you are too much

I'm geekin out
I am the Infantry.
Quote by BodaciousZac
Go on youtube and watch some live videos of them.

ive seen em live and theyre awsome IMO.

so you go to hell.
you go to hell and you die.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Quote by nirvana001
duuuuude you are too much

I'm geekin out

lol thanks, is that good or bad?
Quote by Metal claw
This thread has sparked the artist inside of me.

Give it flames! Green flames!!!
Get off my lawn.
The human races collective memory (there is a term for it and I don't REMEMBER it) recalls dragons. The image of a dragon creates a sensation of fear and dread in people. This has been tested scientifically and we all react the same way. It may not create a physically palpable feeling but it can be measured and we all do it. This same reaction is observed when subjects were shown pictures of sabre tooth tigers, dire wolves, and other large predators our species has co-existed with. No reaction was recorded when the subjects were shown pictures of other "mythical" beasts ie chimeras, gargoyles, unicorns, ogers and others.
Dosen't prove anything but it was an interesting study.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
The human races collective memory (there is a term for it and I don't REMEMBER it) recalls dragons. The image of a dragon creates a sensation of fear and dread in people. This has been tested scientifically and we all react the same way. It may not create a physically palpable feeling but it can be measured and we all do it. This same reaction is observed when subjects were shown pictures of sabre tooth tigers, dire wolves, and other large predators our species has co-existed with. No reaction was recorded when the subjects were shown pictures of other "mythical" beasts ie chimeras, gargoyles, unicorns, ogers and others.
Dosen't prove anything but it was an interesting study.

like you said, it doesnt prove anything

but it makes sense in the way that, if they DID exist and within human evolution, they would most likley be a dominate species over us so over the years of evolution we would still have that natural fear of them because of the past, just like the other animals that we KNOW were around during early human times
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Recently, A scientist dug up a dinosaur bone to check the dna for a cure for cancer. He found a chromosome that is only found in birds. This could mean that dinosaurs are really just giant birds. (dragons)

This has some relevance.
Quote by ChrisForce
ive seen em live and theyre awsome IMO.

so you go to hell.
you go to hell and you die.

Actually, you die then go to Hell. Silly.
Who dat?
I've seen two documentaries on dragons - one on Animal Planet about the scientific possibilities of potentially existent dragons, and one on the History Channel about dragons' evolution in different cultures throughout history.

I highly doubt they ever existed, but I do love dragons. I have a dragon-themed calendar, four posters in my room, a bunch of pictures I've drawn and collected over the years, a number of books on my shelves... Man, I love dragons.
Quote by Quintessence153
I've seen two documentaries on dragons - one on Animal Planet about the scientific possibilities of potentially existent dragons, and one on the History Channel about dragons' evolution in different cultures throughout history.

I highly doubt they ever existed, but I do love dragons. I have a dragon-themed calendar, four posters in my room, a bunch of pictures I've drawn and collected over the years, a number of books on my shelves... Man, I love dragons.

Holy **** your room must rawck...

I have no idea if I spelled that right...
Page 1 of 2