I'm going to be making my rounds of the local guitar stores and I was wondering what amps you would recommend for those genres. My limit is $1000. It will be for a mix of practice and giging. Also could you suggest some pedals?
I'm actually looking for a combo. Do they have those in combos? If not what are some good combos for that.
orange
i play a 5150 and i play in an experimental band
i like it but id rather have an orange
I don't like as i lay dying
for $1000, i'd recommend a vox ac30. it's a great amp for the money, and is awesome for those genres.
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would
Thanks, I don't think I'll be playing an orange anywhere around here. How much do used ones cost and what models do you recommend?

As for the JCM and Vox. I'll give those a try.
As for Orange combos try:

Orange AD30
Orange Rocker 30

the Rocker costs abit more, however its got abit more gain, it could do metal if you threw a pedal in front of it.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by Metal_Injection
As for Orange combos try:

Orange AD30
Orange Rocker 30

the Rocker costs abit more, however its got abit more gain, it could do metal if you threw a pedal in front of it.

Correction; the AD30 costs a bit more.

If you're talking about the combo series, it's mainly because the AD30 is 2x12 and it has two seperate EQ channels.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
over here the rocker costs more
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
I'm going WAY out on a limb here, but maybe you should try and look into a Yamaha T50C or T100C with the choke mod. Excellent amps for the money, and a great entry point into both the worlds of high gain amps and boutique amps. They're versatile enough to cover what you've listed, but not so versatile that they don't "sound like themselves" when you really start screwing with the setup.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Isn't post-hardcore a lame excuse for emo?

On a more positive note, I wouldn't go for the highest gain amps which is what people have been suggesting so I'm gonna keep the Orange trend going: Rocker 30/50 (50 if you want the extra headroom for the cleans)

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Metal_Injection
over here the rocker costs more

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Thanks for the advice, however I probably won't be able to get an Orange. What about guitars. Will a Schecter C-1 Classic be able to handle it.
Quote by philjay
Isn't post-hardcore a lame excuse for emo?

Post-hardcore is what happened when hardcore punk bands slowed down and added melody. Emo/emocore/screamo is hardcore or post-hardcore with introspective lyrics.

Some people forget emo is a type of hardcore and use it to mean any sort of whiny pop-rock.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 26, 2007,
^^Ok fair enough, it's just I've heard Funeral for a Friend be described as post-hardcore..as well as other emo bands although FFAF I don't mind......

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Yea, I like the style, but I don't complain about my life. In fact I try to tell others about how I made it trough. Anyways what gain range am I looking for and will a Schecter C-1 Classic be a good choice as well.
The AD30HTC is actually a wee bit cheaper than the rocker series, especially used. You can pick one up on Ebay for around 900USD. The AC30 would be a good choice too, but you would probably want a mid heavy boost. Though I think you'd be happiest with a JCM 800 maybe a 2203 or 2204 with a nice OD.
Do they even make the JCM 800 any more. I don't mind buying used, just wondering.
They make those new reissues.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
All the classic DC emo and hardcore bands used JCM-800s. Ian McKaye's Fugazi rig is an SG into a JCM-800, nothing else, I'd imagine he used the same set-up in Minor Threat.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
You'd do better getting a used 800 than one of the reissuues IMHO. I haven't like anything coming out of the Marshal shop for a while now, and that includes the 800 reissues. They just don't have the same character as the originals. Plus, you'd save a bit by going used, and thats money you can put towards a nice OD or something.
I'd look into the aforementioned Oranges, Marshall JCMs, and mayby try out the Vox Classic Plus combo, I'm not sure on a price for it though, although I know the half stack is a little over a grand.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.