I pulled my whammy bar up and I heard this snap and to my surprise my whammy bar snapped and now the threaded part of it is stuck in my bridge. I have no idea how to get it out, any ideas?
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Yeah, dude. That sucks i always worried about that with my old guitar. So i just took it out. Never was a fan of whammys.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
make a pin hole with a drill bit and either tap in a bit and use pliers to unscrew, or reverse the drill to unscrew it.

i dont like the glue method cause sometimes a drop can get on the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm not too confident with my drilling skills >.> so I think I'll just take it to the shop. How much would it cost to get it fixed?
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Well, is any of the bar sticking out of the "socket"? If so, you could probably grab it with pliers and just unscrew it. If not, take it round the different guitar shops in your area and see which one will do it the cheapest. Make sure you tell each one how much the others will charge, hopefully they'll try to beat each other. I'd recommend "Mom and Pop" shops though, they're far less likely to rip you off.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
that happend to one of my guitars, and i tried to get it out myself. yeah. i know have a guitar with a really ****ed up brigde. bring it to a shop. esp if its a decent axe.
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
Quote by LP Addict
the glue thing could work if you used gorilla glue, if any got into the threads though, yo uwould be permentantly screwed

Thats why all i use is good ol khaler steel =]

qft

kahlers are unbreakable
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I've been thinking for someone who might be asked to regularly "unscrew" broken whammy bar threads, I think the thinnest bar, the vintage strats, is about 4.8 mm , roughly 3/16", or 6/32".

The table shows that a for a screw between 4 and 6mm, the right drill size to use would be the 7/64".

Screw extraction HowTo

On Ebay, you can find screw extraction sets for roughly $20-$30, provided you already have a T-handle, drilling machine, and drill of the right size for the driver hole.
how did it snapped?! were you trying to make the horsie sounds that steve vai makes in "bad horsie"?
Man, this happened to me before, and it sucks. Thankfully my way of replacing it costs about 2$.
All you need is some Blu-Stik, the stuff used to hang posters, and a narrow screw. Take the screw and place a very small amount of the Blu-Stik on it and place it on the broken whammy bar. Slowly turn the screw counter-clockwise until its out.
hey monkey, these threads are pretty old.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011