im looking for a new guitar thats heavy...ive narrowed it down to a schecter or ibanez..but im not sure which model. I have 450 dollars to spend. I play metal metalcore and hardcore...suggestions? im going to guitar center to get it if that helps any lol i prefer no floyd..
keep saving bro. Once you get over that 600 mark you start getting into some really nice axes. For 450 though, check out some cheaper RG series from Ibanez, maybe a Schecter tempest, those are really nice to. For metalcore/hardcore, if you are one of those "guitar gods" that mutes powerchords and nothing else, get a cheap jackson and beat it up, but if you are actually a serious player i would keep saving.
Quote by Nyukka
its a christmas gift...and my mom is spending the maximum of 450 lol

It's august...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Fender Stratocaster. They are ten times better/more versitale than Shecter or ibanez.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
lol "terrible metalcore tone"
and if you want a heavy guitar get like a firebird, you'll die from the weight :P
but seriously unless you're going to contribute some money yourself (a good idea actually) i think schecters better for the value. hmm.
i have a 'white guitar'
Quote by cashewchaching
Fender Stratocaster. They are ten times better/more versitale than Shecter or ibanez.

not for his genre of music...

schecter has my vote...decent quality, reasonable price, no floyd.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Damien 6...with emg h4's ? good deal reviews look good but im not too sure about the pickups...
Wait a year and then upgrade pups....im sure they'll do for now
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
My first guitar deal I got, I got a Vinci Electric, Amp, lots of picks, a book, a dvd, and a auto tuner, all just for $22.00!

Maybe you could get the same, if you look hard enough online.
Last edited by Filter at Aug 26, 2007,
the rg in my sig

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass