hey guys i was thinking of replacing the speaker in my marshall mg100dfx that i dont use anymore with a bass amp speaker so i can run a keyboard/organ/bass through it. how doable is this? in other words, how well will this work and whats the best way to do it?
oh nothing... just bein' myself...what? oh this? this is just my package...yeah... god delivered it, I signed for it, world keeps on spinnin'
Don't take me 100% but I believe bass amps require much more power to run. So I don't know how logical it would be to put one in there.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
what if i only ran the keyboard through it...that would work right? i mean jon lord ran a hammond b3 through a marshall stack with normal speakers
oh nothing... just bein' myself...what? oh this? this is just my package...yeah... god delivered it, I signed for it, world keeps on spinnin'
It's totally do-able, wattage won't matter (unless you underpower it, but that's not likely) - it's impedance that matters. Just get one that matches the existing speaker.

Try to find a bass speaker that has a decent frequency range so you don't lose too much of your high's.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
could i at some point put the original speaker back in witout any problems?
i actually play bass through an old valvestate which i dont need. It hasnt damaged the sound and teh gain sounds kick ass.