Hey everyone =]
So i'm new to these forums and this is my post.
I just wanted to know what people would have to say to contribute to my next amp purchase.
I decided I'd go for a half stack which was just affordable, basically to get me by with small gigs and that.
The two amps I had in mind were the FENDER FM 100 Head with a 412SL enclosure and a Line 6 Spider3 HD75 with the MK2 Quad.
I've heard alot of mixed and opposite feelings towards line 6 so i'm not completely sure about them, as i've only really played a 30 watt spider 2.
I play in a hardcore/metalcore band, as well as a screamo like band heavily influenced underoath.
I just want the best value for my money and i'm aware that line 6 tone can sound really artificial and as this is alot of money for me to be spent, I want to make a decision I won't regret.
Please reply =]
Thanks in advance.
Benny
I do not think highly of either of your choices. Those two amps are sub-par. For gigging you should get a tube combo. Plenty of power, better sound and more portable. 50 watts tube is plenty of gigging power. I love stacks, but for the money you seem to be willing to invest a tube combo would be ideal. A good tube combo will have an extension speaker out to run an extra 212 or 412 speaker cabinet if you feel you need it, but the internal speakers are more than adequate. Don't forget the used market. Good deals to be had.
A used Peavey 5150 combo would be perfect for you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by uldhppi
I do not think highly of either of your choices. Those two amps are sub-par. For gigging you should get a tube combo. Plenty of power, better sound and more portable. 50 watts tube is plenty of gigging power. I love stacks, but for the money you seem to be willing to invest a tube combo would be ideal. A good tube combo will have an extension speaker out to run an extra 212 or 412 speaker cabinet if you feel you need it, but the internal speakers are more than adequate. Don't forget the used market. Good deals to be had.

+1
Great advice.
I'd definitely go used also. I got both of my good amps on ebay, & saved a bundle.
5150 combo would be a great value (used).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011