I am becoming nocturnal. In the summer holidays, this is fine, but I do not need this problem when I get back to school next week, so does anyone know how to get back into a regular sleep patern in a week? Any help apreciated.

PS: I searched this and all I got was this thing on lucid dreams.

Thanks in advance.

Don't Sleep
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Stay up for as long as you can, then go you sleep at about 8:30pm. You should wake up at a normal time. Just keep going to bed at a normal time from then on.
I'm sorry what? You want me to not sleep...so that I can get back into my sleeping pattern?

EDIT: Sorry that was only t the first response I got, the rest are quite helpful.

Staying up all night and day then going to sleep at the right time usually works.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Bennetts_strat
I'm sorry what? You want me to not sleep...so that I can get back into my sleeping pattern?

Yes, If you don't sleep tonight or during the day tomorrow, You will fall asleep tomorrow night.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Bennetts_strat

Yeah, don't sleep for one night.

It should make you tired enough to sleep on the normal time the next evening.
OK then...so begins my escepade (sp) to stay up until 9:00 tomorrow night...

I'm gonna fail big time.

Quote by Bennetts_strat
OK then...so begins my escepade (sp) to stay up until 9:00 tomorrow night...

I'm gonna fail big time.

Good luck with that. I may join you with it.
Is it cheating to be taking caffeine to keep me awake? Or should I be burning off my energy to make me really tired?

Quote by Bennetts_strat
Is it cheating to be taking caffeine to keep me awake? Or should I be burning off my energy to make me really tired?

Caffeine will ultimately leave you more burnt out than you began, keep it up until 5 hours before you try to sleep.
You'll most likely be tired by 9pm anyway so you should'nt need to be doing excessive exercise to burn energy. By all means, take the caffeine, just not from around 5pm on.
Quote by Zackie EL
And to be sure you wake up, set 2 alarm clocks. Set one for say...7:00, and the other at 7:02. This is what I do to make sure I don't wake up late during the school year. The first one wakes you up mentally, the second one physically.

I downloaded an Alarm Clock program for my PC.

It's set to ring at 5:30, 6:00, 6:30, 6:45 and 7:00.

Just to make sure I really wake up.

EDIT:

Last edited by Metal claw at Aug 25, 2007,
To be physically active during the day is major help in going to bed at an appropriate time. As much as it sucks, get up early, don't take a nap that day, run a few miles or bike 10 or something, and lay down at 10 pm. Even if you don't go to sleep right away, just lay down and wait.
If you get into a routine where you're in bed at a certain time every night, eventually the body will train itself that that's sleep time. Consistency is key.
Away Message: I fell out of my chair, this may take awhile.
actually, dont sleep.

but only for one day. once its been 24 hours, got to bed at about 8 hours before the time you want to get up (so you get 8 hours of sleep). be sure you wake up 8 hours leter, no sleeping in. then go to bed at the same time as you did the night before, no matter how awake or tired you are,. DO NOT GO TO BED BEFORE OR AFTER THAT TIME, or youll have real trouble.
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Quote by Metal claw
Yeah, don't sleep for one night.

It should make you tired enough to sleep on the normal time the next evening.

so if he stays up all night and goes to bed at 8:30 or 9 he won't run into having 12 hours of sleep but having the normal 8? I'm having the same issues I was worried about staying up for 24 hours and than go to bed at 9 and sleep for 12 hours and than **** myself up.
Quote by The_lizard_king
so if he stays up all night and goes to bed at 8:30 or 9 he won't run into having 12 hours of sleep but having the normal 8? I'm having the same issues I was worried about staying up for 24 hours and than go to bed at 9 and sleep for 12 hours and than **** myself up.

Then just set your alarm clock. Force yourself to wake up after 8 hours.

It's not that difficult of a task.
ok ive actually deprived myself of sleep trying to get myself tired but that doesnt work I'm gonna try to do what you guys said.
I'm doin it now. I have only been up for 16 1/2 hours and my eyelids feel like they re made out of lead. lol. I don't think I'm gonna screw myself up by the 12 hour thing... I'll got to bed at 10pm and get up at 6:30am. Thanks for helping.