Hi, this is my first time posting a new thread so if i got it in the wrong place sorry.

I have a marshall mg 10cd and i'm searching for a way to really get the best out of it. I'm trying to get a good type of distortion out of it that will be distorted,yet not have horrible feedback. please suggest whether i should just get a new amp or a type of pedal that will give me the tone im searching for. i play mostly thrash and death metal and i play a dean ml. thanks
the distortion on that will always be too noisy for the high you probably want, i suggest getting a pedal, a boss mt maybe, and also a noise suppression pedal
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
shoulda at least got the one with reverb 15cdr

i think get a pedal rather than a new amp, theres tonnes of distoritions out there try a few
Quote by jhjps
the distortion on that will always be too noisy for the high you probably want, i suggest getting a pedal, a boss mt maybe, and also a noise suppression pedal

Crap advice, the money you'd spend on those pedals could go towards a decent amp. The MT2 is an awful pedal, and a noise supressor is a waste of money unless you're running a semi-pro rig and gigging/recording regularly.

TS, unfortunately your amp is downright awful, plain and simple. No amount of pedals will change that, the only way you'll improve your tone is to upgrade to a better one. Either a Vox AD30VT or a Roland Cube 30X would be great upgrades, however if you aren't going to be able to scrape together that kind of cash in the forseeable future then even a Roland Microcube would be a significant improvement.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would suggest the roland cube. Would be ideal for your needs!

^+1 About the microcube too!