The Liscenced Floyd Rose on my Dean FBD ML is acting up. I changed the strings today because the old ones were nasty, and it was a bitch to tune. I just guessed on how to tune it as none of the methods I found on the internet were helping me. After I got it in tune, stretched the strings and played for a few hours, I realized something was wrong. I plugged into the tuner, and everything was 1/4 a step down. I retuned it, and played with it some more and the same thing happened. I realized it only did it when I pushed down on the tremolo bar. I also realized that when I pull up on it, it goes to the right pitch its supposed to be at again. Is there any reason that the Floyd isnt returning back to tune when I push down on it? It never did this until I tried to change the strings today. Before it was set up by a pro, but I didnt have $30 to go back to him to get it set up. Any way to fix this? Also, if you know of an easy and fast way to tune the guitar, if you post it here it would be great. Thanks
f you didnt use the same size strings all sorts of lame shiz can go down on your floyd rose. it could be the strings, i would stretch them alot more. However i think its probably the knife edges or the string tension... is it level with the body? properly set up?
Quote by LP Addict
f you didnt use the same size strings all sorts of lame shiz can go down on your floyd rose. it could be the strings, i would stretch them alot more. However i think its probably the knife edges or the string tension... is it level with the body? properly set up?

Its the same gauge strings except for the G string which I had to pull from a pack of 10's while the rest are from a hybrid 9 set. It shouldn't be that much of a difference though. And they strings were pulling the trem out of the body so I tightened the springs a little in the back and their even now. I don't know how properly set up it is because Im just kind of doing it myself.
Quote by LP Addict
if it stays even with the body, and the strings are stretched, it should stay in tune just fine. just make sure they are stretched. and that g string will make a difference youd be surprised.

Hmm... How should I properly stretch the strings, just to make sure Im doing it right? I just pulled up from the 12th fret on them and then after that pulled up on the bar a lot to stretch them out. And I doubt the G would make a horrendous difference. I put on a .017 and its supposed to be a .016.
Ok that doesnt answer my question on why my FR is having tuning problems. It shows me how to set it up, but I just dont see what in there would help me out. Its set up properly according to that, but its still doing it.
then reset it up... I always do that on mine and to be honest, My RG560 doesn't EVEN have the Ibanez Edge anymore but now it has TRS 101 which to others, *Prolly madpickin thinks too* is pure ****e... but I can hold on to it, still stands for atleast 4 years now.