Last weekend, while i was practicing with my band, me and the other guitarist decided to switch amps to see how we sounded. After about 3 minutes of playing on his amp, i started to feel my fingers tingling and soon it got worse and i couldn't stand it so i asked him about it and he said "Oh, that happens to me all of the time, you get used to it.." I've heard people on here saying he should "get it grounded" and stuff like that, what does that mean and how much does it cost? i've heard about stuff like the Yardbird's lead singer dying from a power surge while his amp was like that.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
dude. thats umm, not safe. is the 3rd pin on the power cord ripped off?
i <3 my gibson.

proud member of the anti-ibanez milita. my rg1570 was the crappiest guitar i've ever owned.

Quote by Rankles
Christ. I'd hate to see you break a pencil, you'd probably go on a killing spree.
i have an amp with a broken off ground plug. i used to get electrocuted by my bass strings, my bridge, and my mic.

i think i need to get mine grounded too.
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by TimmyTrainwreck
dude. thats umm, not safe. is the 3rd pin on the power cord ripped off?

i've got no clue, i only see him once a week and he's grounded this weekend so we couldn't practice. What IS grounding it? and how much does it cost?
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
noone will tell me how much it usually costs to do that, he's not exactly rich so i'll need to know about how much that stuff costs or he'll be like "i'm fine with it.."
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp