Wear a sweat band on your arm and change your strings are the only two options i see
there might be some spray you can use to clean them up. other then that, either stop sweating or change ur straings
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
i have the same problem, i wipe the strings with a cloth and use ghs fast fret when i'm finished playing.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

get anti-rust strings?
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
i have the same problem and i still havent found a solution, besides changing the strings
Ernie Ball takes forever to rust with sweat. i love'em. they're new sets are smooth too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Glad u asked the question. The best way to stop ur strings frm rusting is to apply petroleum jelly on them, all around it not just on the part u can c. The strings l take 4ever to rust that way.
^is that kinda like the thing that elixir have?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
As EC said Ernie Ball does take forever to rust but also since a lotta the moisture comes offa ur fingers onto the strings its best to make sure u take a cotton cloth and wipe the strings after every single session whether u touch the strings for a second or a whole day ...it slows down the rusting...plus if u see even a bit of rust hold down the clo between ur thumb and index nail...and try scratchin the rust off

Pretty much it...Petroleum Jelly? does that work? as in..Vaseline right? but wont that make the strings all slippery especially on say the low E, A and D? Cuz the vaseline would get trapped in the little ridges of the nickel winding?
Last edited by Novical at Aug 26, 2007,
^taht sounds like its gonna happen too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Play with a fan pointed at you. This may not be possible in all situations, but certainly when you're just practicing at home.