Page 1 of 2
Can u guys recommend any really tough bass lines.
i feel a if im not improving i need some really tough bass line to get better.
Quote by RSOB Bass
Maxwell Murder, Rancid

Haha, I knew somebody would say that.

Anyway, Scarified by Racer X.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Schism by Tool. It's a good choice also because the bass is very distinguishable when listening to the track itself. This was the song I improved my playing on the most when I started. I began with the main riff, and pieced it all together over like 3 or 4 weeks, and eventually I could play it in it's 6-7 minute entirety nearly perfect.
the dark eternal night by Dream Theater. OMG my poor lil fingers.......
STUFF
MOD Contest Group
Resisting the Urge to Fap since 8/11/08
However, I lost in 3 days.
Quote by Hobolad

Guns don't help defense, they make you more vulnerable if anything. Said this a lot already

Quote by RSOB Bass
Maxwell Murder, Rancid

Nah thats really not that difficult, how about "the ytse jam" by dream theater
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
anything by victor wooten lol
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by mazohysthoney
anything by victor wooten lol

Agreed
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Quote by the metal bassi
Agreed

he is a god among men
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
"Spirit Crusher" by Death
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Streetlight Manifesto bass is sickkkkkkkkkkkkk. Try Everything Went Numb, That'll Be the Day, Point/Counterpoint.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Scales and modes. (For hours and hours) Tough as you can get and it will improve your playing.
thanks for throwing in the link to the (needs to be stickied) bass songs to learn thread.

And can people open their minds up to anything other than Maxwell Murder, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Scarified and Anaesthesia? Regurgitating the same names in every thread gets boring after a while.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
thanks for throwing in the link to the (needs to be stickied) bass songs to learn thread.

And can people open their minds up to anything other than Maxwell Murder, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Scarified and Anaesthesia? Regurgitating the same names in every thread gets boring after a while.

Ummm, No?
scarifyed by racer X is hard

YYZ is hard AND groovy
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by MX4Life
Streetlight Manifesto bass is sickkkkkkkkkkkkk. Try Everything Went Numb, That'll Be the Day, Point/Counterpoint.

Seriously, listen to this guy. Their bassist is ****ing insane.
how about internal primates forever, it has it's tricky parts
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Victor Wooten's stuff are exercises in 'gimmicks' and 'skills' as opposed to actual tough playing (i.e. double thumping).

Other than the usual bull**** metal and punk stuff that's always always always mentioned, I think YYZ is the perfect song for your application. It's hear-able (unlike much double thumping which is too much to soak in at once), you can play it in your head, and it's fast. It also has parts that to me were 'counterintuitive' to what I'm used to playing. Plus, it's a workout for both the left and right hand. It's the perfect song to 'take it to the next level.'
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by oregonguitarist
Red Hot Chili Peppers, pretty much any song by them

hahaha
Les Claypool 'n' Primus
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
Quote by Deliriumbassist
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I hear ya, that wasn't cool. uhh, in order to contribute, early incubus and a few tool songs are good for weird time signatures (mixed meter) and whatnot.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

What if you have something nice to say, but you choose to say something mean instead?
Quote by Evil_Jim43
Geekis, you are truly the Ghandi of our time

Quote by thefitz
Man, I really have to stop sigging you...

My blog:
http://david-hates.blogspot.com/
Quote by Deliriumbassist
then you suck.

I wasn't asking if I suck or not, I was asking if the action would be legal.
Quote by Evil_Jim43
Geekis, you are truly the Ghandi of our time

Quote by thefitz
Man, I really have to stop sigging you...

My blog:
http://david-hates.blogspot.com/
try some big d and the kids table. i saw them at warped tour and there bassist was all over the place
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah