I wrote this song a few months ago, about a friend who is a brilliant writer but doesn't like most of what he writes, for me it was easier to write as if he was a painter but anyway, the songs on my UG band space http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/whatshepromised/ and will have additional vocals added soon, let me know. Cheers

C4C

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/whatshepromised/
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I really like the guitar. Your voice is a little bit shaky though, I think. Great job though. i really liked 'My Hellelujah'
-J
Listening while I review:

Cool beginning - kinda reminds me of a gloria estefan song called words get in the way (don't make fun of me for knowing that -- my mom used to listen to her when I lived at home); sounds cool.

Vocals are a little loud and 'in your face' but not bad sounding. Drums may need to be a little louder. Maybe during the chorus, it'd be cool if you turned on a bit of distortion, it'd sound good with the quicker tempo. Solo may need a different effect. Sounded a little off.

Don't really hear too many full songs around here, and definitely takes a bit of planning to make it work out like you did. Nice job. Write some more stuff. Definitely a good player and singer and can put together a song.

If you get a chance, check out some of my stuff:Link

Keep writing and singing man.
first off, i loved the guitar. In my headphones the vocals are definitely too loud. I really like them though. I think this is probably my favorite song i've heard you sing. The song itself is really catchy. but yeah, it just needs to be mixed better. The drums sound good so you should definitely turn them up. I think its going to sound even more awesome with the back up vocals. great job, i really liked the song.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654069
Wow, thanks heaps guys, I've been feeling really crap about the vocals on that song and now you all just sorta filled me up with warmth again, thanks heaps. I'll get onto those changes ASAP and I'll post the new version when it's up (we were meant to record vox today but couldn't and so we're doing it tomorrow)

AND

The guitar is out, the songs in G#M and I play a B/E as the opening to the solo, it's out on purpose it's a little... metaphor of the the song, i think that's the right way of explaining it, I wanted it to express the meaning of the song in that one solo, I don't like solo's that don't work with songs and that is the FIRST solo i've ever written for a song

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll get to your stuff ASAP (Hopefully tonight, or tomorrow, massive amounts of homework that are scaring the crap out of me)

Peace Out, Matt
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Aug 27, 2007,
I quite like this song.

Opening guitar sounds really nice and I actually quite liked the vocals, good song.

Check out mine, it's in the thread called But Then Again, or go straight to though it form the link in my sig.