I'm looking into getting a new multi-effects pedal. I want something with great tone, many effects to choose from, etc. Any suggestions on which pedal i should purchase?
Last edited by lit1219 at Aug 26, 2007,
What sort of budget do you have? One of my friends has a Boss ME-50 and that sounds pretty good, so look into that, but it really depends on your budget and style
There a few good multi-fx around, try looking at the one by digitech and the Boss GT-8.
I have heard the GT-8 and it is pretty good, just shop around a bit and try them out.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
your not gonna get a GREAT tone with tons of effects. from a multi effects pedal, your most likely gonna get USEABLE (in the worst case scenario bad) tones and tons of effects, which isnt bad. but just a heads up. i used to have the boss me-50 and it was good at what it was made to do. You're not going to get tones from all the high end pedals that everyoneloves, if thats what your thinking.
Quote by mrchow
your not gonna get a GREAT tone with tons of effects. from a multi effects pedal, your most likely gonna get USEABLE (in the worst case scenario bad) tones and tons of effects, which isnt bad. but just a heads up. i used to have the boss me-50 and it was good at what it was made to do. You're not going to get tones from all the high end pedals that everyoneloves, if thats what your thinking.

The GT-8 offers rack quality delay, flange, chorus, reverb, phase and a host of other effects.
i tried out the GT-8 briefly once but didnt try anywhere near all the effects, i also own the digitech gnx4 but i dont like it much thats why im looking into buying a new one.

Does the gt-8 include any of the boss distortion pedals such as the metal zone or metal core?
doesnt vox make a multi effects pedal that has a tube in it ? you should look into that one ( the vox)