Greetings,

I have the opportunity to buy a Marshall JCM900 160 Cab from a friend, for a rather low price .

Now, i dont have a head yet, but im planning to get one anyway (Orange tiny terror to start off with probably)

then one : will the Cab handle low punches (fuzz, eq to more low end, and downtuned guitar,heavy stoner rock like electric wizard etc) without getting too "farty" ?

should i look into other cabs.. because i can imagine this four speaker monster actually being way too loud for bedroom play ,(yes planning to gig in the future).

And last, can anyone tell me a bit more about the amp, for some reason the internet has'nt been too kind with info about it

Thanks on Beforehand !
its a 1960 cab, that might help you in your internet searches.

its pretty much the standard rock cab. loads of bands use them and they are solid
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Yes, it's very loud; and it pretty much has the most low end and least fartiness out of all types of guitar cabs.
Quote by The Real Ming
Try the 1936 2x12 cab.

Quote by amap

I have the opportunity to buy a Marshall JCM900 160 Cab from a friend, for a rather low price .

As in, even lower than that 2x12 when i would buy it new.

Quote by mr_hankey
Yes, it's very loud; and it pretty much has the most low end and least fartiness out of all types of guitar cabs.

But, if i would put a tiny terror on that for home practice and put it at 7 watts, it wont blow up my head i gues ?
No, but it's very loud.
I've played a Tiny Terror through a Marshall 4x12 (can't remember the exact model, it had Celestion G12H's though), and it is loud. Way too loud for practicing at home. Sounded very nice though.
Quote by mr_hankey
No, but it's very loud.
I've played a Tiny Terror through a Marshall 4x12 (can't remember the exact model, it had Celestion G12H's though), and it is loud. Way too loud for practicing at home. Sounded very nice though.

Even when i would'nt crank the volume all the way up ? I'm planning to use mainly pedals anyway to get most of the sound im after, and then cranked up when i'd gig.

So i'd better leave it then i gues ?
Quote by amap
Even when i would'nt crank the volume all the way up ?

Well, of course not, but it's still way too big in most situation. You should take the size and weight into consideration too.
Alright then, ill won't buy it, and just save up for another kind of cab.
Thanks for all the replies