When ever I play, especially if I stand, my left wrist is at like a 90 degree angle from my forearm. I try to straighten it out, but If I do it makes it way harder to play barre chords and the lower 3 strings, and if I play with my wrist at such a sharp angle it starts to really hurt. Wadoido?
Raise your strap...?
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
Do you know you're not supposed to have the guitar straight so it goes horizontal across your body?
Last edited by guitarcrazy1991 at Aug 26, 2007,
Either raise your strap or get used to it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Do you know you're not supposed to have the guitar straight so it goes horizontal across your body?

Yeah, the neck kind of goes upwards towards you.
Try rotating your hand so your thumb is more parallel to the neck than perpendicular? I get a sore wrist if I play lots of barre chords (especially as I work my way down the neck), its annoying..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Yeah, last person I was talking to said best bet (most comfortable and accessible for the strings) is close to about 45 degrees. I tried and out and it makes sense to me, and it sure is comfortable.
Huh?

Guitars
Godin LG Hmb
Academy Crap Strat Copy

Amps
Traynor 30 Watt SS
But if I raise my strap I wont be cool!!

My straps at about the same height as if I rested my guitar on my knee, so theres no difference there, and raising it higher then that gets uncomfortable for my RIGHT hand.
Would you rather have carpal tunnel or look cool?
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Put your thumb over the top of the neck, it should let you have a completely straight wrist.