Page 1 of 2
Ok, i know that there is a Sex thread, but i want to ask about condoms, and their safety.

Me and my girlfriend of 2 years plan to 'do it' around this christmas, and i was researching condoms...and this is what i got

Pregnancy Rates:
perfect use: 2%
typical use: 10-18%

what the hell does this mean? does this mean i have a 10-18% chance of making her preagnant? It can't be, i mean come on...i bet my parents 'do it' every day..and i only have one brother so far -_-

Anyone care to tell me if it's true??
the whole parent thing shocked me enough to not want to answer your question. sorry. next time, dont mention your parents doing it.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
This is a serious question. come on guys, at least im concerned

but i guess this is the pit, eh?
The 'typical use' rate is high because many people don't use them properly.
No method of contraception is perfect. go for a 'belt and braces' approach, and get her on the pill as well as using a condom(not that there aren't plenty of other methods you could use as well).
I'll sacrifice... Yeah, it's safe... Unless you can't put it on correctly or you're a smartass and buy magnum ones (not to say you're little).
ZZZOMG!!!
FUZION

Quote by jimmy, the one
I haven't played anything except Master of puppets by Metallica
They're death metal arent they?

{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?
well, the reason the percentage for pregnancy is so high, is because you have to factor in the retards that don't know how a condom works. If you're not a ****ing moron, you should be alright. and as for your parents, your mom is probably on the pill or your dad had a vasectomy.
I know how it's 100% effective... use a condom and get a blowjob... not only is 100% effective, it's more degrading*.

*However, less pleasurable.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
2% is still quite a big chance :S

i mean...it's not much to toy with :S
2% means that if you use a condom every time perfectly there is a 2% chance that the condom will break due to manufacturing errors. That can be fixed by simply filling the used condom with water and playing around with it for a few minutes. If the water shoots out of the condom then there's a tiny hole or it broke. The next morning (or if you have a 24 hour drug store) you go and get plan B and your problems are most likely solved.

The 10-18% stat was achieved through asking people who buy condoms if they use one every time. So that statistic accounts for condom users who sometimes take the chance and have sex without one. It may take into account the people who used them improperly as well.
Quote by Its_Rock77
the whole parent thing shocked me enough to not want to answer your question. sorry. next time, dont mention your parents doing it.

You honestly don't think your parents have a good ol' fuckin evey once in a while? Come on, grow up.
just make sure you dont have it sitting around in you wallet for a while either, and dont buy a super thin one, theres more of a chance that one of those will break, allowing for leaks.
I'll field this question, but only since I'm feeling generous.

The percentages you're looking at is the typical averages of pregnancy with condom use. Perfect basically means that you're using a proper fit and nothing goes wrong, such as tears (which are highly unlikely if you use a reputable brand and don't do anything stupid). Typical use probably refers to an average use and possible errors (slippage, tear, etc.) 10% is still a small chance, though not one you might be willing to take.

Don't let all the stats scare you, though it isn't something to take lightly. As long as you take responsibility, use a proper fit, and take care, you should be fine.

Grayedit: If anything at all, and I mean ANYTHING, maybe suggest the morning-after pill if you're feeling really antsy about the ordeal. You can typically find them in a clinic or some pharmacies for around $60. Use this as a definitive last resort, however, as it needs to be taken 72 hours afterward and contains a powerful dose of birth control which will probably feel unpleasant to your girlfriend for a few days.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Aug 26, 2007,
Get her on the pill and have fun. (And use Trojans condoms)
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by MastaBassist10
You honestly don't think your parents have a good ol' fuckin evey once in a while? Come on, grow up.

i was kidding........

Quote by DayD
I'll sacrifice... Yeah, it's safe... Unless you can't put it on correctly or you're a smartass and buy magnum ones (not to say you're little).

Have you met my friend....Biggus...Dickus?......Sorry, I had to...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Another bit of advice: Trojan does sell condoms with a coating of spermicide, a substance that kills sperm cells. If safety is your prime concern, this could help ease your worries. Have a browse about your local Wal-Mart or drugstore. If no luck, go to the Web.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Get her on the pill, too, at the very least. Think of it this way: No guy has ever been waiting while his girl in the delivery room thinking: "If only I'd been more reckless with contraception!"
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Steve The Plank
Why does everyone hate babies?!!

Keep wearing condoms and babies will become extinct! Oh teh noes
Fortunately, we have retarded chavs to keep the legacy alive!

Because they are tasty
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

No, they're not safe, don't use condoms. Use something manly, like a garbage bag.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Quote by urik
Because they are tasty

only most of the time. ive tasted some pretty bad ones,

Quote by Godsmack_IV
yes, they have to be prescribed so I don't think there is a way to do it without her parents finding out

There's a thing called doctor to patient discretion. It's against the law for the doctor to tell her parents.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

condoms are the safest form of birth control for your assumed age. There is very slim chance of getting preagnant.
Quote by zwound
Ok, i know that there is a Sex thread, but i want to ask about condoms, and their safety.

Me and my girlfriend of 2 years plan to 'do it' around this christmas, and i was researching condoms...and this is what i got

Pregnancy Rates:
perfect use: 2%
typical use: 10-18%

what the hell does this mean? does this mean i have a 10-18% chance of making her preagnant? It can't be, i mean come on...i bet my parents 'do it' every day..and i only have one brother so far -_-

Anyone care to tell me if it's true??

Am i the only one who found this part disturbing?

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Page 1 of 2