Page 1 of 2
dropkick murphys
flogging molly
the real mckenzies (scottish but close enough)
the young dubliners (young or true, im drunk when i listen to them, i dont have my ipod on me)

other than those, are there anymore that capture the irish traditional music, but still have the punk influence???
im from ireland, and im quite fond of these bands
pringles was originally going to be a tennis ball company

having a penis is like having a friend who always wants to play
The Tossers are good. Seven Nations is another. there really arent too many that i can think of, but if u listen to the radio at Celticlounge.com(?), they have good stuff like that alot.
Listen to Stiff Little Fingers. Their not like any of those bands, but they're irish, and they're better then any of those bands.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by dragon77
Check out The Pogues

+1 I was going to suggest them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by dragon77
Check out The Pogues

i love the pogues mate, i didnt want to put them in here, becuz its all "punk and ska" i figure someone would bitch at me for it

Quote by I_Pwn
Listen to Stiff Little Fingers. Their not like any of those bands, but they're irish, and they're better then any of those bands.

aye ive got them on me ipod, i didnt know they was irish tho...

Quote by jacksonassassin
i love the pogues mate, i didnt want to put them in here, becuz its all "punk and ska" i figure someone would bitch at me for it

Awesome, yeah, The Pogues kick ass.
Most of these are more on the folk side, but still have some punk influence.

The Bog Savages
Eire Og
Athenrye
Black 47
Blaggards
The Killigans

Most of these, especially the first 4 are Irish Rebel Music, pro-IRA. So in the very unlikely event that you're a unionist then perhaps they aint for you.
Quote by Zardokk
Flatfoot 56 are a bunch of ****s and their music isn't that great.
Do you know them personally? I keep hearing people talk crap about Flatfoot, but I've known them for two years now, and have never seen them do anything to deserve the kind of hassles they get, and never heard them say one bad word about anyone. They are great guys with a positive attitude that put out great music. They take their music seriously and do what it takes to make it out on the road. They are probably one of the hardest working bands I've ever seen.

The only people I've ever heard say anything bad about them is people who have a problem with the fact that they are Christians. Big deal.

Oh yeah, and Whyvern seems to have a problem with them. But from what I heard from Tobin, their singer, they never bugged him about money, and sat and played video games with him and thought he was a nice kid.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by dragon77
Check out The Pogues

Ah beat me to it.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by llanafreak44
Blood Or Whiskey, great band

Hell yeah. They are more Irish rock than punk, but they still are better than most of the others. I'll always have a soft spot for Flogging Molly though..
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
Quote by I_Pwn

Well he did ask for punk with Irish traditional and SLF don't have any traditional (that I'm aware of). Personally I don't think that SLF are better that Flogging Molly.

Now, not exactly what you were looking for but maybe check out the Outcasts. They're a punk band from Belfast.

You also might like Jake Burns' (singer of Stiff Little Fingers) solo album 'Drinkin Again'. It's more folk, I suppose, than punk but it's not bad.
Quote by dookie_dude_
Great Blue Sea
The Bloody Irish Boys
The Mahones
I got the Bloody Irish Boys CD. Good stuff.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by oZone_TNS
Well he did ask for punk with Irish traditional and SLF don't have any traditional (that I'm aware of). Personally I don't think that SLF are better that Flogging Molly.

Now, not exactly what you were looking for but maybe check out the Outcasts. They're a punk band from Belfast.

You also might like Jake Burns' (singer of Stiff Little Fingers) solo album 'Drinkin Again'. It's more folk, I suppose, than punk but it's not bad.

I respect your opinion, but I find that with the whole irish-punk genre, all the bands sound the same, and every song for every band sounds the same. It's exciting for a little bit.
brnh.bandcamp.com
well it was already said, but The Tossers are probly one of their faves.

sad they're on victory, or did they switch?
Quote by oZone_TNS
Personally I don't think that SLF are better that Flogging Molly.

Omg...this statement is almost as bad as when someone told me that the subhumans "suck"....i still have nightmare at night....
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
the bastard only listens to the casualties, and thinks he is some hardcore punk.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
The main reason I listen to Irish Punk is for their covers of old rebel songs, Go on home British Soldiers, Black and tans, the SAM songs etc. Their originals are often ****e.
Does it have to be specifically *irish* folk? Gogol bodello do kinda gypsy folkpunk.

And early Levellers do a general celtic style of of folk punk, check out
the game/sell out/last man alive/riverflow.

Theyre less cheesy in their folkiness than bands like DKM and flogging molly. (slightly)

Bizarrely i think real bit fish did a token irish number. Unless the mp3 i have is misnamed.

EDIT: before anyone flames me about the cheesy comment, Dropkicks are good, yes i know, but still cheesy.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
Last edited by bassetrox at Sep 4, 2007,
Quote by bassetrox
Does it have to be specifically *irish* folk? Gogol bodello do kinda gypsy folkpunk.

There are about a bajillion bands doing the folk punk kind of thing right now. The cool thing is, alot of them are really good!

Gogol Bordello is one of the best bands period. Buy all their albums and go to their shows. This is directed at everyone.
If Gogol Bordello do a small show around London Town I'll be sure to go.

Anyway I've got a hankerin' for some Irish Folk punk/rock right now. *Sticks on the Eire Og*
Quote by sargasm
There are about a bajillion bands doing the folk punk kind of thing right now. The cool thing is, alot of them are really good!

Gogol Bordello is one of the best bands period. Buy all their albums and go to their shows. This is directed at everyone.
Gogol Bordello is amazing, that's the only word to describe them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by sargasm

do people skank at gogol shows? 'cause most of the songs i've heard by them have quite a bit of ska influence to them.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Why am I listening to Wolfetones and Pogues right now and neglecting the fact I have whiskey upstairs?
Quote by Ska Wars
do people skank at gogol shows? 'cause most of the songs i've heard by them have quite a bit of ska influence to them.

People just jump aroud and sometimes skank with their feet but not with their bodies, if that makes any sense.
Page 1 of 2